Friday 10 March 2017

Review: Devil You Know by L.A. Fiore

*****5 Stars*****



This is the first of a new series from this author and I am so happy to learn that it is a series as this story is spilling over with great characters that you just want to learn more about. This is a great read that covers the story of the two main characters from their teen years through to their early thirties and as you can imagine it is definitely not plain sailing, it is second chance but we are with them every step of the way rather than having the void filled in for us which I loved. Thea and Damian’s story is wrapped up in a suspense thriller that keeps you on the edge of your seat for more than one reason as these two dance around each other and their feelings. 

Damian is introduced as a young boy in the epilogue and from the offset he endears himself to you as it is soon apparent that his mother has issues. We watch Damian grow into a young man marred by his mother along the way that has a huge impact on his life. His saviour in all this is the Ahern family that take him into their fold as one of their own and especially Thea. Damian from a young teen is a quiet brooding character that develops into a foreboding character further marred by war during his service years that take him away from Thea. 

Thea is a great character and her goofy ways made me smile and chuckle along the way. I felt for her at times and shed a tear of two with her but I loved how she was steadfast in her feelings for Damian and never gave up hope. I wanted to bang Damian around his stubborn head for her a few times too. However, when the circumstances mean Thea could be in danger Damian is there for her all the way. 

This is a lovely read about much more than Thea and Damian’s relationship, it is about family and commitment to friends that become family. There is a lot in this book but that is what I expect of this author as the story and character development is on point as always, at one point I was surprised I was only a few chapters into the book as I felt I had read a lot further into the story. I’m already curious as to who’s story will be next in the series and looking forward to reading it.

Reviewed by Vikki Ryan 



Damian Tate. One look into his sad green eyes and I was hooked. I wanted to be the one to make him laugh, to make him smile. I hadn't expected him to be the one to make me blush, to make me hot...to make me fall in love. He was my first kiss, my first love, my first everything. I wanted forever with him, but life got in the way.

He enlisted, I went to college, and for years we were never in the same place long enough to pick up where we left off.

Thirteen years after he left, tragedy brings him home. The stoic boy I fell in love with grew into a quiet, dangerous and wildly sexy man. He still tugs on all the right strings for me, but he seems determined to keep me at arm's-length.

However, when trouble comes knocking at my door, he is the one to put himself between that trouble and me.

Spending time with him might drive me insane, or it might be our second chance at first love.






No comments:

Post a Comment