Tuesday 14 March 2017

Dishonorable by Natasha Knight

*****5 Stars*****



Sofia's life is changed irrevocably the minute Raphael shows up on her doorstep. He demands retribution from her grandfather and is granted it, in the form of her. He returns six months later to collect and the life she knew is replaced by a new life filled with fear.


She is whisked away to Raphael's Tuscan estate. It's in disrepair yet it fascinates her the same way he does. She should hate him as much as she initially fears him. After all, he's cruel and capable of any number of evil reads, but she can't help being seduced by him and captivated by the tenderness he shows without realizing.


Raphael only has revenge on his mind when he takes Sofia. He wants to make her grandfather pay for what he has done and what better way is there, than to destroy his innocent granddaughter. Except, his grandfather betrayed Sofia by giving her to him and he cannot help being drawn in by that very innocence he plans to destroy. Soon, hate, fear, cruelty and vengeance give way to something stronger and even more dangerous....love.


It's been awhile since I had the privilege of reviewing a Natasha Knight book, and this newest one reminds me of why I have become a quick fan of her work. I'm not a huge Mafia Romance fan, by Knight writes that genre so well! She gives us just enough backstory and Mafia drama to make things interesting, then adds in a wonderfully cruel make lead you know you should probably hate, but simply can't. An innocent yet incredibly strong female lead slowly uncovers his hidden kindness and you find yourself eating it all up greedily. This was suspenseful, entertaining, Hot and extremely well written.

Reviewed by Rosemary Feil 



Sofia

I knew little of Raphael Amado’s history with my family, but when he turned up on our doorstep demanding restitution, my grandfather quickly conceded. That restitution? Me.

Six months later, on my eighteenth birthday, Raphael came for me. He stole me from my home, taking me to his Tuscan estate, where from the crumbling chapel to the burnt-down vineyard, to the cellar that haunted him, the past stalked him like a shadow. It waited for him, hid behind corners for him and trapped him at every turn.

As much as Raphael's cruelty terrified me, his darkness seduced me. But in the end, it was his tenderness that devastated me.

Raphael

Sofia came to me like an offering. Like a virgin to be sacrificed at the altar. But truth was, her grandfather betrayed her. I guess we had that in common. He’d screwed me too.

I knew hate. I'd vowed vengeance. This was never supposed to be about anything else. But in the end, her innocence broke me. The very thing I would destroy, destroyed me.






No comments:

Post a Comment