Thursday 1 December 2016

Review: Without You (Love Wanted in Texas #1) by Kelly Elliott

****3.5 Stars****


Without You is the first book in the Love Wanted in Texas series and I believe it is a spin-off series of the author's Wanted series. I liked this book but I didn't love it. It was an emotional, ultra angsty read but ultimately very repetitive. I had a hard time getting into it for the first half of the book which was pretty much back and forth "I love you, no I love you more" between Alex and Will and was much too sappy for my liking and pretty much every time they were together they were having sex and it got annoying and even the sex scenes were pretty much the same each time. The second half was much better but it was a whole lot of drama for the sake of drama to me but I liked it a whole lot better that I enjoyed the first half. The second half of the book really brought up my overall rating for me. There were a lot of side characters in this book and it confusing to me at first to remember who liked who and was related to which other character but by the end I finally figured it all out and all of them will later get their own books which I will read since they intrigued me so much and I just hope their books are better than this one.
So we have Will and Alex who have known each other their whole lives; their families are best friends so all their kids grew up being best friends as well. They've loved each other since they were ten and they finally strike up a romantic relationship when they turn 17. They've kept their relationship from their parents for months but when they caught prematurely they are forced to admit their feelings for each other to them. The only problem is that Alex's dad wants her to experience life outside of their small country town of Mason, meet new people and make new friends which ultimately leads her away from Will. Will their relationship last through the distance and their love withstand all the struggles and doubts they may face? You'll have to read to find out.
Just because I didn't really like the story doesn't mean that I didn't love Alex and Will because I did. There were sweet moments thrown in with passionate ones and I loved their undying devoted love they had for one another. I think every one should experience a love like Alex and Will. I loved all the side characters as well: Colt & Lauren, Libby & Luke, Grace, Taylor, and Maegan. I loved how they were all so close but it was really annoying how much drama came between them sometimes. There were times that I wanted to throw my kindle across the room or reach in and strangle someone. Overall, I enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

Reviewed by Ashley Ziegler


Alex and Will have spent months keeping their relationship hidden from their families. Getting caught prematurely causes them to admit their love for each other to their parents. 

One decision made by Alex's father changes her entire world, shattering her plans for the future. Alex always thought Will was the very air she breathed, but life has a way of causing doubts for the one thing she thought was absolute…their love. 

Can Will's promise to Alex be enough for her to hold on to or will she find herself moving down a different path that she never imagined for herself? 





No comments:

Post a Comment