Thursday 8 December 2016

Review: The Ground Beneath Our Feet (Giving You...#4) by Leslie McAdam

****3.5 Stars****


When I first read the blurb for this book, I was instantly intrigued and couldn't wait to get this in my hands. I love the whole roommate romance genre, but this one sadly was not my favorite.
I felt kind of disconnected as a reader to the characters and I am not an insta-love fan which is what this was. Mikey and Jessica each have their own issues which they had to work through while getting to know one another. They are both opposites of one another in both personality and nature. One thing that they have in common with one another is improving and doing the best that they can in their lives. They both have a similar history which they have to work through and get past before moving on. I loved Mikey's non-judgement, calming personality and ,of course, all of his animals. He is one sexy veterinarian! I loved the idea of these two together but I didn't feel a connection between them and that made the sex scenes somewhat cheesy at times, especially the first couple of times. I hated how the big focus of this entire book was about Jessica's being obese and her always eating food. I loved how she was bettering herself but it was a bit redundant and too much at times. Also I think my new most hated word is earthsuit! If I never hear that word, I would be the happiest woman in the world. Ugh, it was terrible and I didn't like it one bit. One of the things I really loved about the book was the overall message about learning to love yourself and self empowerment.
Overall, I did enjoy this book although their were a couple things that aggravated and annoyed me about it. I do have to say that after reading it, I find the title and that gorgeous cover to be perfect for the book. I am looking forward to seeing what the author has in store for us next.

Reviewed by Ashley Ziegler


TAKE THE LEAP

She’s got her feet planted on the ground. He’ll teach her to fly.

Jessica, a curvy, driven, neat freak lawyer, is ecstatic when she finally gets her dream job—even though it's taking her away from her hometown. When she meets over-the-top, man-mountain Mikey, a fitness buff and veterinarian with a messy life in all senses of the word, she thinks she just walked into the second-most exciting adventure of her life.

His larger-than-life personality fascinates her, but also shakes the foundations of her quiet, introverted self, knocking her off-kilter. It’s a bad idea to let him take her on as a weight-loss client. It’s an even worse idea to get involved with him since he’s her manwhore roommate...and she’s seen him in action.

If they give into their undeniable attraction, is it just a train wreck waiting to happen? Or will their desire fuel a chance at real love?

If you love steamy romance, be sure to check out the fourth standalone in the Giving You series.



Amazon USA - http://amzn.to/2gapBlO



No comments:

Post a Comment