Thursday 8 December 2016

Review: Love Rehab by Louise Bay

*****5 Stars*****


I love all of Louise Bay’s books and I think this may be my new favourite, it is very different from her usual style and I loved that it was. I loved the setting for this story and the characters were fantastic from the leads to the best friends, wise sisters and wiser horses this book has it all with a big helping of humour and soul searching insights. 

MacKenzie is unlucky in love and yet all she wants is to find the perfect man to settle down with, following another rejection she drags her best friends off to Love Rehab to learn where she is going wrong but learns more about herself than she bargained on. Her first night in Oklahoma sees her throwing caution to the wind with a drunk one night stand that is supposed to be her first act of defying love but when her one night stand turns up at the ranch things are not going to be so easy. 
Blake was a lovely character that I took to straight away, who doesn’t love a hot cowboy with a serving of geek mixed in. I loved how he got a measure of MacKenzie so quickly, thanks a lot to the rehabs quirky self-discovery programmes maybe but he still saw through her façade. Blake is home on the ranch to take time out with a life dilemma and wasn’t counting on meeting anyone to further confuse the issue so MacKenzie seems like a good distraction. Until she no longer was. 
I loved the pace of this book, though it starts with a one night stand I loved the slow pace that it seemed to take and as such the relationship building between the main characters felt more like a slow burn too. I found myself surprised to realise that the girls stay at the ranch was only five days as they headed for home. A lovely enjoyable read that will also have you doing some soul searching of your own. 


Reviewed by Vikki Ryan


Ever wanted to fast forward to your happily ever after?


My name is Mackenzie Locke and I’m a loveaholic. I haven’t got a handle on men. Not even a little bit.

So I staged an intervention and booked me and my two best friends into Love Rehab, complete with a love shaman, horse therapy and a bunch of stones that promise to change my life. I’m not leaving until I’m cured.

Lesson #1: the first night of your stay, don’t have a one night stand with the hottest guy you’ve ever seen in your life.

Fail.

Lesson #2: make sure your one night stand isn’t planning on sticking around, teasing you, tempting you right back into his Levis.

Big Fail.

Lesson #3: Whoops. I forgot this one. I was too busy daydreaming about Blake McKenna’s mouth on mine and the way his five o’clock shadow feels on my thighs.

Epic Fail.

So maybe I’m not the best student. Maybe I wasted my time and money on Love Rehab. But I can’t help that I want to spend every minute with Blake, naked under the stars. Perhaps he can teach me every lesson I ever needed to learn. 



Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/2hhtxGw 


No comments:

Post a Comment