Sunday 18 December 2016

Review: Three Sweet Nothings (Blindfold Club #5) by Nikki Sloane

*****5 Stars*****


Nikki Sloane's Blinfold Club is hands down one of my all time favorite series currently being published. I look forward to each new story like a child waits for Christmas Morning. In Three Sweet Nothings, Sloane gives us a wonderfully written second chance romance with a smutty Blindfold Club twist as we have come to expect with this sexy and hot series.
This is Ruby and Kyle's story, Kyle is Payton's older brother. Ruby and Kyle dated in college. They were very much in love and pretty hot and heavy, but a misunderstanding led to them parting ways. Fast forward five years and both are now lawyers. Despite what they may have thought, when they reconnect they both realize the past is not as forgotten as they thought it was and the passion they shared is still there - in fact, given a little time, it soon smolders hotter than it ever did in the past!
Sloane does a wonderful job developing both Ruby and Kyle's characters and they had a believable relationship that was off the charts steamy and passionate (if you have read any other books in this series that will certainly not come as a surprise). Second chance romances tend to have ready made angst, but what I really liked was that that did not drag on and we get to the heart of the issue from their college days pretty quickly.
I have yet to read a Nikki Sloane book I have not loved and Three Sweet Nothings is no exception. I will say this is not my favorite book in the series, but it was certainly an enjoyable read. The other series characters didn't have a ton of page time here, but we did get to revisit them a little which always puts a smile on my face. Since I love this series so much, I strongly suggest new readers check out the previous stories. This one can definitely be read as a standalone though, so if you have not read a Nikki Sloane book, pick this one up! It can be your gateway drug into the wonderful highly passionate and incredibly fun Blindfold Club.

Reviewed by Rosemary Feil


Five years ago, we’d been together and on fire, but the flames burned us both. Now she’s back in my life and is all my wildest fantasies in the flesh. 

I want her. The desire is too powerful to argue against, but I’m not interested in what we had. This is an arrangement about pleasure and finding out who we are behind closed doors. There won’t be talk of love or any sweet nothings whispered by either of us. 

This time, I’ll control the heat and make sure neither of our hearts get too close to the flames.





No comments:

Post a Comment