Saturday 9 April 2016

Review: Unseen Messages by Pepper Winters

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
This is honestly amongst the hardest reviews I've ever had to write.
I'm no wordsmith, no poet, no author. I'm a simple reader and sometimes, when I'm truly touched by a book, I find my reviews entirely inadequate.
Those that know me, know that I rarely read the synopsis of a book, relying on recommendation. For certain authors, like the talented Pepper Winters who I've grown to love, will have their hard work devoured by me without knowing more than merely the title.
I had no idea what to expect from this book, other than it was different/new.
I was utterly gripped from page one! This story is so heartfelt and honest. It aroused intense feelings of both sheer joy and utter sorrow.
I found myself laughing at times, cringing at others. If it had been a movie, I'd have watched parts through my fingers. At times, I felt broken - there's no other way to put it, not eloquently worded but simply the truth - so broken that I had to go and sit in a shower with the hot spray mingling with - and washing away - the tears streaming down my face.
This book is beautifully written. It perfectly sets the scene and one can almost smell the ocean and hear the waves. The reader is immersed in the story and you're swept along, feeling ever hardship, every triumph, every elation.
This is a story of self-persecution, of self-worth. A tale which shows you that even through tragedy, love is still an ember waiting to grow into a bonfire. It teaches us to strive for our dreams, even if they go against the norm. It's a story of resilience, of trust, of pulling yourself up from misfortune and once in a while, taking the time to watch the sun set.
What shines through though, is a timeless love story that deserves to be consumed.
I cannot recommend this book highly enough. Pepper Winters has outdone herself with this masterpiece!
 
Reviewed by Vivienne Kauffer
 
 
"Instincts are what keep us safe from fate. Ignoring them can change your life forever."

Fame and fortune arrived overnight and after months on the road with her singing tour, all Estelle craves is peace. Tired and ready for paradise, she travels to Fiji to recuperate.

Stubborn and surly, Galloway is avoided by most--which is exactly the way he likes it. However, he's done spending his life in regret and hopes to find redemption in the tropical wilderness.

Together, they board the flight that changes their fate forever. Crash landing on a deserted island, they not only have to figure out how to survive with no skills and daily dangers--learning how to fish, find water, and build shelter--but also inherit two children who look to them to keep them alive.

However, staying alive might be the least of Galloway and Estelle's problems. As days creep to months and rescue doesn't find them, their desire for each other ignites.

They started as strangers.
They grew to be friends.
They fought the desire to be lovers.

Lust can be the most beautiful thing. Love the most rewarding. But not on an island where life hangs by a thread and giving into temptation can kill you.

Can they survive being forgotten or will love be their ultimate undoing?

From New York Times Bestseller Pepper Winters comes a timeless love story answering the question of what happens when everything is stripped away.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment