Monday 25 April 2016

Review: Magnificent Bastard by Lili Valente

****4 Stars****
 
 
I love the idea of two people who have never met that eventually meet and Bam! Instant attraction with the added bonus that they can't really do anything about that attraction as it would create all kinds of problems. It creates a whole heap of sexual tension.
Penny has been Sebastian, AKA Bash's virtual assistant for a while. The two only ever communicating via Text and Email. Penny knows everything about Bash and for someone who has closed off his heart to women, she is his closest friend.
I absolutely loved the texts and emails between them and whilst this is nothing new, it really made this book fun and helped me as a reader understand certain things a lot more, which I did find particularly clever.
Ultimately Penny requires Bash's help with a small issue from her past and this creates all kinds of problems for the two and Bash's carefully followed rules are at risk of being broken.
For me this book was seriously hot, until a certain area of Penny's anatomy was described in quite a lot of detail and quite frankly I found that to be a bit off-putting. This is likely a very personal issue for me and perhaps other readers won't find this to be a problem.
Maybe if the author had toned down the descriptions a little this would have made this book so much more enjoyable for me and yes it was a little predictable in places, but overall I found this to be a pretty good little read.
 
Reviewed by Louise Dale
 
 
F*ck Prince Charming. Sometimes, you need a Magnificent Bastard.

Face it, ladies: love sucks and then you cry…while your ex rides off into the sunset banging your best friend.

But why let a break-up end in tears when it can end with sweet revenge? Enter Magnificent Bastard Consulting and me, chief executive bastard. I’ve got it all—looks, brains, a heart of gold, and the killer instinct guaran-damn-teed to make your ex regret the day he said goodbye.

With the help of my virtual assistant, I’ve built an empire giving broken-hearted women the vengeance they deserve, while keeping myself far from the front lines of the heart. Life is a bowl of cherries, until my virtual assistant shows up on my real doorstep for the first time, begging for a Magnificent Bastard intervention of her own.

Damn... She’s a bona fide sex kitten.

I pride myself on being a true pro, but pretending to be her lover soon leads to giving it to her good, hard, fast, and up against the wall. And somewhere between getting balls deep in my sweet and sexy assistant and watching her ex beg for a second chance, I break every last one of my damn rules—professional and personal.

So what’s my next move? Fight for the girl who makes me want to get up on a white horse and ride to her rescue, or stay a Magnificent Bastard to the end?
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment