Saturday 9 April 2016

Review: Heartfall by J.B. McGee

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
Oh my god this book gave me all the feels! I love JB McGee she's one of my all time faves and this just cements that sentiment. I don't even know where to start this book was so beautifully written I don't feel like my review will do it any kind of justice.
This is both a first love and a second chance romance novel. I know that makes no sense but it will when you read it. I'm struggling to put into words how I feel about this book, other than one hund...red percent loved it! I'm definitely going to have a big book hangover from this.
Claire Ross is a young aspiring dancer, she's been doing ballet for 12 years at the same dance studio and finally Sebastian Reyes tells her how he feels about her, how he's always felt and the fact that he does makes Claire's heart soar, she's loved him forever. Trust is and always will be a big thing for her, it is for both of them. Their love story was written Amazingly and you can tell its come from the authors soul, it's sweet and innocent, everything a first love should be and when everything changes it crushes your heart as a reader, I sobbed for what could have been, what should have been.
After high school and heartbreak Claire moves away to college and meets Liam Scott. Liam is like Sebastian in a lot of ways, he says things that completely throw Claire off her natural balance in the sense that it feels like dejavu. The difference with Liam is that they're older now so there's less innocence and more flirting and cheeky playfulness. There's a strength, a power, there that Sebastian never had simply because he'd not been old enough to have that trait that only comes with getting older and growing up.
I tried to write this review with as few spoilers as possible, if I slipped then I'm truly sorry but there is definitely much more to this novel than I've written. This truly was a beautiful story and I think everyone needs to read it at least once. This is definitely one of those books that I will read over and over again and would suggest you read it too, at least once.
5 stars... More if I could.
 
Reviewed by Paige Rymer
 
 
Claire Ross has never been good enough. Not for the girls in the elite group of dancers in her class and certainly not for the approval of her ballet teacher, Mr. Robins. She definitely doesn’t like what she sees in the mirror. Simply put, she doesn’t love herself, so how could she possibly love someone else?

After twelve years of friendship, Sebastian Reyes’ adoring gaze holds more. They soon find themselves unable to control their feelings for one another.

When tragedy strikes, Claire finds herself in a very unlikely and unfavorable position. Regardless of the weight of the emotion, she must make difficult decisions that impact the rest of her life.

Will Claire see that her true love has been right in front of her? Happily ever after isn’t just for fairy tales. To get hers, all she has to do is trust, open her heart and fall.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment