Sunday 3 April 2016

Review: Reveal (A Wild Nights Novel) by K.M. Golland

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
Revue was always going to be a hard act to follow. That book was simply too heartstoppingly epic, so what this book did was not follow any of that and took itself off into, what i can only describe as, a different direction. You will have to read the book to know what I mean.
This is Brad and Em's story. Brad being one of the Wild Nights boys and Em being Corinne's best friend. The timeline of this book, overlaps somewhere with the final ten percent of Revue and I assume before the Epilogue of the same book. I thought this was a great way to reintroduce us to the characters and recap what happened in the first book.
What can I say about Brad? He's just so adorable, sexy and perfect in every way. I really want to say something witty and funny about him, because the guy is just that, but I'm too busy swooning over him right now. He has the patience of a saint when it comes to Em and I have to be honest and say she was lucky to have him.
Em had some major issues and I truly sympathised with her, but ultimately I found her to be incredibly self centred and deep down I know there were reasons for that, but my loyalty was with Brad from beginning to end.
As for the story and without giving away any of the plot, it started off quite slow and so began a build up to something much bigger.
Ultimately I felt let down by Em and the ending perhaps felt a little unfinished, but I abso-friggin-lutely loved this books storyline and the fact that we still got a glimpse of Josh and Cori throughout together with the other Wild Nights boys, was just the icing on the cake for me and I'm confident that KM Golland remains one of my favourite and consistently great, go-to authors.
 
Reviewed by Louise Dale
 
 
“I have a diary because I’m not who I say I am.
The ‘me’ you see, isn’t me.
She’s fabricated for your liking.
Trust me, you don’t want to turn my pages.”


Emily Davis has a secret … or two. Even her best friend, Cori, is none the wiser. You see, Em is a part-time sexter and makes a living fooling men into believing whatever it is she wants them to believe. And she’s not ashamed about it. Not in the slightest. Yet, those around her could be, which is why she has kept her secret ... until now. Until a sun-tanned, male revue performer by the name of Brad surfed into her life.
Surfer Brad pushes Em’s boundaries, pushes her buttons and pushes his way into her heart. But will she push him away when she has no choice but to reveal what it is she's hiding? Everything she’s hiding?
  
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment