Thursday 14 April 2016

Review: How To Tame Beasts And Other Wild Things by A. Wilding Wells

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
I absolutely loved this book, it was a fun refreshing read with great quirky characters that had me laughing out loud for the most part and sighing at others. It was definitely way more than I expected.
Matilda Pearl is a quirky, clumsy, funny character that sweeps into Balthazar Cox's life. However she has been pulled from a life in Paris at the order of her ornery father to play nurse maid to Balthazar's twin boys, her nephews that she has never met along with her equally ornery brother in law, the husband of her late sister. The sister who's shadow she grew up in. She also has strict instructions to find him a new wife to nurse the boys from her meddling father or lose her trust and so her life plans.
Balthazar is a seriously hot brooding man who's life has stumbled from one event to another, who is thrown on a loop by the arrival of Matilda, a riddle for him to solve. He has come to live and work the farm owned by his father in law to give his boys a stable home but by night he is a talented play writer, the opportunity that initially brought the Beastly Brit, as Matilda named him, to America. He doesn't want the complications of a relationship, especially after his wife left, so he is set to fight Matilda all the way.
The story provides many humorous and hot moments between the two as they fight each other and the passion between them. Each time you think they may accept the inevitably of their attraction, farm and trust be damned, something gets in the way but I was fighting for them all the way. Life for them both suddenly bounces from one life changing event to another teaching them what is important in life along the way.
A real joy of a book to read that once I got past the first chapter I didn't want to put down, definitely a hidden gem that should be read.
 
Reviewed by Vikki Ryan
 
 
An artsy young woman, given the impossible task by her estranged father to score her widowed brother-in-law a wife, instead finds love, self-discovery and redemption.

“My name is Matilda Pearl. My life is a non-stop riddle I hope to one day solve.
I’ve learned to protect my heart; fate has dealt me more than a few shit cards in my twenty-two years. Invisibility tops my list, not to mention tragedy.
I was yanked out of a Paris-France life by my ass of a father, and thrown into a one year journey on a farm in Wisconsin. I’ve been assigned the impossible: Wife Catcher.
Simply put, until I replace myself I’m Mary Poppins, the beast tamer, ringmaster of the unruly, complete with twin toddlers and a beast of a man. Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to my three-ring circus.
“The Beast – Balthazar Cox – is repulsive…as in that sexy, I-just-died-and-went-to-heaven sort of repulsive. He walks the earth like he owns it, with his tatted trunk of a body and chiseled-rough, blazing good looks. The beastly Brit – did I mention that he’s English? – also happens to be my widowed brother-in-law, a man haunted by betrayal and abandonment, and for whom I’m on task to find a wife. If I succeed I’ll be rewarded with my juicy trust fund. And, yes, it will happen. You can keep your diamonds and designer clothes…. With my bag of loot, I plan on becoming the Patron Saint of Lost and Found Animals.
“When the past resurfaces more than once for both of us, all hell breaks loose. Can you be lost and found at once? In other words, sometimes lies can be cathartic. Some people heal us; some of us heal others.
“This is mostly a love story, an unlikely sexy romance with whiplash twists, boundaries that shouldn’t be crossed, and multiple risks of losing everything. It may have more heartache, and drama than some but in the end it’s about truth, discovery and forgiveness. Maybe it was wrong to fall for him. Or maybe the hole in his heart was always waiting for me to fill it. Now there’s a riddle for you.”

Tender, textured, suspenseful and triumphant. A mind blowing, fast paced, sexually-tense passion, that is an emotional ride of second chances, healing and redemption.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment