Monday 7 December 2015

Review: Stirred by Nancy S. Thompson

*****4.5 Stars*****
 
 
This book had me on the edge of my seat!!!
Its dramatic,dark, twisty, murderous, edgy and hot as hell the sex scenes are through the roof hot!!!!
At the start of the book we meet Eden who was a young woman facing not only the loss of her first true love but also the loss of her first child, we are then fast forwarded 20 years later to the present day, Eden is a successful woman in her own right, mother to a son and has a hot as hell businessman husband who also has no heart or love for his wife, on the outside Eden has everything a woman could ask for on the inside is a completely different situation.
One night is all it takes to completely change Eden's whole life, she is betrayed by her husband and friend as she finds them in bed together but other than confront them she goes out to a bar and meets Sean 16 years her junior this is a turning point and nothing is at it seems at all, I was left with my mouth wide open on a few occasions throughout the book.
Although I didn't fully connect with the characters I really did feel for Eden especially, if you life edge of your seat page turners then this book is perfect and I will be reading Nancy S.Thompson's other books as its extremely well written.
 
Reviewed by Gemma Curran 
 
 
I’m Eden MacLaird, and Fate screwed me good at the age of twenty-one, stole my first love, then my first child. Twenty years later, I still haven't found my happily-ever-after. Sure, from the outside, I have it all, including Declan, my gorgeous, rich-as-sin husband. But things aren't what they seem, and catching Declan in bed with my best friend destroys any dreams I harbor for love, much less sexual fulfillment.

Then in walks Sean Bennett...

Just months away from earning his post-graduate law degree, Sean's smart, driven, and serious, but an unexpected encounter between us in a bar one night changes everything. His best friend, Trinitee, warns against getting too involved, but the heat between us is beyond intense, and neither of us are willing to walk away.

With my marriage in shambles, I'm eager to make a go of it with Sean, despite our sixteen-year age difference. But while I relish my sexual reawakening, I fear giving up the posh life I've grown accustomed to. That life, however, and everything in it, comes crashing down as bodies start piling up around us, and all clues point to me and Sean.

Secrets, betrayal, and revenge threaten to destroy not just my carefully-crafted reputation, but my very life. With our freedom at stake, Sean and I join forces to uncover those plotting against us. But as doubt and evidence mount, I must choose: give in to my suspicions and save myself, or trust our new-found love and save us both.
 
 
 
 


2 comments: