Wednesday 2 December 2015

Review: Cole (FMX Bros #1) by Tess Oliver

*****4.5 Stars*****
 
 
st of all, yaaaaaay!!!! The Custom Culture boys!! I loved catching up with them and their girls, the Custom Culture series is one of my absolute favourites and I have really missed those characters so it was a real treat getting to hang out with them again.
So this being a spin-off of the Custom Culture series you may remember Cole, the lead male, as being Finley's brother. Cole lives with his two friends Denver and Rodeo next door to the Modante Winery. One day the heiress of the Modante Winery, Kensington, catches his and Rodeo's eye while she's out horse riding. They make a silly bet to see who can get a date and a kiss out of her. I have to say, at this point I kind of saw where the story was going, we've all seen She's All That. But I enjoyed the story never the less, as I always enjoy Tess Oliver's books, she's one of my favourite authors. So although I wasn't exactly surprised by certain plot points, Tess' writing is such that I get totally sucked into her stories.
I really liked Kensington as a female lead, she was sassy, witty and smart and she had a great sense of humour. Cole is easy going, charming, fun and well, I reckon he'd be hella sexy in his leathers! I'm really looking forward to the following books in the series, I really liked Rodeo and Denver, as different as they are from each other they both have some excellent personality traits and I love the banter between the three friends.
My only complaint, if it can be called that, is that it wasn't quite long enough. I don't particularly mean the length of the book as such, I don't mind a quick read, in fact I find them quite refreshing between the lengthier books. No, it was more to do with that the ending came on rather quickly and I wasn't quite ready for the story to end, I wanted a bit more of an epilogue. But I know we'll get more from Cole and Kensington in the following books of this series so their story isn't over yet!
 
Reviewed by Steph Lewis
 
 
Rowdy. Tattooed. Cocky. Seductive.
Has bad boy Cole King finally met his match—a woman who will spin his entire world around? What starts as a simple bet soon becomes so much more.

Introducing Book 1 of Tess Oliver's hot new series FMX Bros—A spin-off to the bestselling Custom Culture series.

Cole King lives the bachelor's dream life. He runs the family construction company and spends his free time in Southern California riding freestyle motocross with his two friends, Denver and Rodeo. Being the son of legendary rock star, Nicky King, Cole has always followed in his dad's footsteps, bouncing from girl to girl and never really stopping to fall in love. But when Rodeo bets Cole that he can't land a date with his neighbor, Kensington Modante, heiress to the Modante Winery, he accepts the challenge. Cole soon discovers that win or lose, it's a bet that will turn his heart upside down.

Kensington "Kensie" Modante has never been able to find the man that can win and keep her heart. She's decided she just doesn't need a man to stir up her contented, albeit slightly dull life where she spends most of her time helping her dad run his winery and riding horses. When Kensie meets Cole King he is just interesting and hot enough to give romance another try.
But has she risked her heart for another chance at love or disappointment?  
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment