Monday 28 December 2015

Review: Out of Plans (The Mercenaries #2) by Stylo Fantome

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
It is so difficult to review this book without giving spoilers away for those that haven't read book one, so please be forewarned if you haven't but I will try.
The author has done an amazing job in keeping the pace and action of book one going through this second book and I loved it just as much. It really is action packed from start to finish and Lily is even more kick-ass.
At the the end of book one I wasn't sure where life was going to take Lily and I really wanted to strangle Marc for her. However they both went off on their own track to achieve the thing that Lily wants the most for it to bring their paths back together and when it does the energy between them is explosive, literally. Kingsley Law is now also firmly in the middle of them both and the tension is tangible between them all.
Marc is still as boneheaded, Lily is still stubborn and headstrong and Kingsley is still a suave manwhore. I loved how the story panned out between them and though it was quite sad I think Lily made the right choice for them all. I loved the outcome of this series and still think it would make an excellent movie as you really feel like you are watching an action movie as you read. I laughed, I cried and I cussed out a few times as I read this in one sitting, just fantastic.
An amazing series that I have really enjoyed and would highly recommend to anyone looking for something a little different in the romance genre. And I am really hoping to see more from this series as I'd love to know more of Kingsley Law's story.
 
Reviewed by Vikki Ryan
 
 
THE NEW PLAN:

* Find Marc
* DON'T find Marc
* Take down a Russian Bratva boss
* Don't have sex with Kingsley
* Find Marc
* Take down a Colombian drug lord
* Don't fall for Marc again
* DON'T FIND MARC
* Kill every ..
*
*
*SCREW THE PLAN AND JUST WING IT

This is the story of what happens when best laid plans fail, and a vengeful woman is forced to find her own way once again. A bond broken, trust shattered, and too many lies to keep track of find Marc and Lily all out of plans and running out of time. Can they find their way back to each other before trouble finds them first, or is it really the end of their journey?
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment