Monday 21 December 2015

Review: Kingpin (Cartel #2)

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
Well just when I thought I knew the story of Mariana and Dornan, Lili Saint Germain goes and turns it all on it's head. My head is seriously overwhelmed with it all.
This book, which is told in Mariana, Dornan and John's point of view, takes place pretty much 9 years on from Mariana's capture. I loved Mariana in Cartel, but in this book she just goes that one step further for me as a character. Her nurturing personality really takes a hold and knowing what I know from the Gypsy Brothers series, I'm really excited and scared on her behalf for the next and final installment in this series.
Dornan, Dornan, Dornan - I really want to like him and I feel so wrong in saying that, because quite frankly the man is a coward and a complete and utter lunatic. Deep down I sense there's good in him, but maybe that's just my wishful thinking.
I really fell in love with John in this book and so wish things had been different for him. He really is the pawn in a much bigger game involving the Gypsy Brothers and the Il Sangue Cartel.
For much of this book I couldn't grasp how a certain male character from The Gypsy Brothers series has any kind of link to Dornan and Juliette, but let me tell you that all becomes clear.
This series had lulled me into what I can only assume is a false sense of security and I only hope that Lili completely turns this story on its head from the one I'm familiar with, because I'm not sure my heart can take much more. But nevertheless I've been completely blown away once again.
 
Reviewed by Louise Dale
 
 
They say love conquers all.

It's a lie.

Five days a week, I dressed in smart business clothes. I painted my face, and went to work as an accountant. But nothing about my life was normal.

For eight years I had been the property of the Gypsy Brothers Motorcycle Club. I laundered their money so well they'd never let me leave. My only glimmer of light was the man I loved. The man who had saved me.

Dornan.

His love had been the only thing that kept the demons at bay. But he'd become so immersed in the cartel's brutal business that I hardly knew him anymore.

Dornan had been my salvation, but he was also my undoing.

Would he pull me down into the darkness until he destroyed me? Could I save him?

Did I even want to?
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment