Wednesday 30 September 2015

Review: Never A Choice (The Choices Trilogy #1) by Dee Palmer

****4 Stars****
 
 
This is book #1 in the Choices Trilogy from new author Dee Palmer....it's not perfect but it's certainly gripping with lots of drama.
For me, although said to be a BDSM/D/s book, it was less about that and more about the story.
There is so much that happens in this first book that it's kind of hard to review without giving too much away.
Bethany is on her own, with no family to speak of really, except the family that have taken her in. She's hard working and struggling to juggle her education with her need to make enough money to cover her bills.
She has an encounter with Daniel Stone that leaves her experiencing feelings she's never had before. Although I liked Daniel's character, he wasn't as much of a Dom as I'd expected and I guess this is my biggest issue with this book.
I've never known a Dom to ask so many questions. Doms IMO demand...they don't ask and for me there were too many question marks when he's demanding things. I think some must be in error as some of the sentences just don't work as a questions.
That being said, it's definitely a page turner and I was compelled to keep reading. Once I got over my issues with how dominant or forceful Daniel was or wasn't, I really got into the story.
There's laughter and tears, drama in abundance and a nemesis too. There's plenty to sink your teeth into.
For a first book, with only a few minor editing issues, I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to book two.
 
Reviewed by Vivienne Kauffer
 
Synopsis
 
Bethany Thorne has secrets and she’s told a few lies but she’s hurt no-one. She just wants a better life, she works hard for a better life, a life with choices but a chance encounter at her new University with disturbing stranger Daniel Stone makes her heart beat, her body tremble and rocks her very foundation. Reeling from the intensity of her unfathomable reactions to this man her world is sent further spiralling out of her control when on this first meeting he casually whispers that he knows she’s a liar. Bethany begins to feel her hard earned choices start to disintegrate before her.

Her innate and newly discovered submissive nature is highlighted further by her extreme reaction to each encounter with Daniel Stone. Dark and dominant he evokes an instant heat and desire she has never felt before, but he is dangerous, he is powerful and he seems to see right through her. Choosing to try and stay under his radar proves to be the first choice to slip through her fingers.
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:


No comments:

Post a Comment