Tuesday 22 September 2015

Review: Tainted Black‬ by Shanora Williams

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
In this book we have a tale of older man and younger woman. When I say younger woman, I mean much younger. 22 years to be exact.
This book isn't all flowers, puppies, and rainbows where everything is wrapped up in a pretty bow.
If you find that type of subject matter hard to deal with this book probably isn't for you.
This is a standalone.
In this book we have Chloe, she's hard to explain in a unique way. She's literally her own person. She has a good heart for what her home life is made of. A neglectful mother, and a father who's a workaholic, trying to provide every last whim for his family.
Then we have Isabelle at 12 years old, her and her family move in across the street from Chloe. They become the bestest of friends over the years. All the while growing closer with the whole family. That includes one hot father figure, Mr. Theodore Black.
After an accident leaves Mr. Black in one of his lowest points in his life, there is only one person around to keep an eye on him to keep him from self destruction.
Let me just say, this book steamed up my kindle. The intimate times, sheesh this author can write!!
I was hooked from page one. The writing just flowed throughout this whole book. With the alternate POV we're never left wondering for long about what's going on in Mr. Black's head.
This book has so many twists and turns that you don't even see coming while wrapped up in Theo and Chloe's story.
I would highly recommend this book for a hot, steamy, taboo read.
This is my first book from this author and it won't be the last.
 
Reviewed by Amy Kormanik-Jones
 
Synopsis
 
Dear Mr. Black,

I know you were hurting. I heard your cries. I wished over and over again that I could make it better, but as you stated I was too inexperienced; too good for someone as bad as you.
Perhaps you were right, but it didn’t matter because what I did know was that I loved the way you felt—loved the way you smelled. I loved how hard you got for me, and when you called me your Little Knight.
I can still remember that day in the park, when you held me close and kissed me deep. How you effortlessly made me cry your name on top of sweet smelling grass, making me feel like the only girl in the world. I loved how you looked at me, how you spoke to me.
I had been madly in love with you ever since I was twelve years old, but I shouldn’t have been.
Isabelle would have hated it—my best friend. I couldn’t afford to lose her. Besides, you two had already lost enough. Losing Mrs. Black was the epitome.

It’s Chloe Knight.
I wanted to be there for you no matter what, but Isabelle needed me too.
And she would have hated me if she ever found out I was sleeping with her father.

** Tainted Black is a forbidden love-story about a girl who helplessly falls for her best friend’s father. After a tragic accident ends the life of Theo Black’s wife, he turns to the one person he has always found interesting.
Chloe Knight, the girl from across the street, his daughter’s best friend, and a person that is considered completely off limits for him. **
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:


No comments:

Post a Comment