Wednesday 30 September 2015

Review: Crave (Tainted Angels, #1) D.H. Sidebottom

****4 Stars****
 
 
Okay before reading this review please not I have never read para and this was my first go at trying to read it so please go easy on me.
This is the story of Willa and Rax 2 people who are from different realms but 2 people who should not be hungry for each other either! Willa is a Seraph which is an Empyrean Angel and she starts off pretty weak but soon learns that her inner/outer angel/demon along with her past can make her stronger and more powerful. Rax is a Gehenna Demon so you know what they say opposites attract but can both of them together unite their realms as one and find the secrets they need to know to keep both their realm worlds safe?
I went into this book with an open mind. I'm going to be honest and say I really struggled the first half of the book, mostly due to my lack of knowledge in the paranormal world. The glossary was a godsend to say the least and I'm glad the author included it. In my own honest opinion I have to be honest and say I'm not a converted para reader yet, however the story itself drew me in especially when I got used to the different worlds and meanings. The writing as per usual from this author is flawless and flows well with the right amount of angst and plot twists in the right places. There was a couple of parts where I thought the humerous banter was a bit out of place for a para book but then that may just be me as I have no idea how humour in para books goes. I gave this 4 stars just because for my first para book I think it was just to many things for me to take in at once so my lack of knowledge hindered the enjoyment slightly for the first half of the book. I encourage all you para readers to grab this and Enjoy! Xxx PS I will be reading the next book in the series because I need to know how the overall story pans out.
 
Reviewed by Claire Lamb
 
Synopsis
 
Willa Eden is used to being different. As an angel she shouldn’t have the dark thoughts she has on a regular basis. She is a soul saver for the Empyrean but since hitting her twenty first birthday, Willa knows she’s much more than that. So much more.
And it isn’t until she meets the arrogant and voracious demon, Rax Torres, that Willa finally finds out just how unique she is.
What should be impossible becomes possible and what her body should never crave becomes too formidable to ignore.
Willa’s unique blood can save the demons that are infected with The Virus and are dropping like flies around her – Rax included. All they have to do is taste a drop. But there’s a catch.
Willa’s blood will also kill anyone who is granted even a single drop.
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:

No comments:

Post a Comment