Friday 11 September 2015

Reviews: Torrent (Condemned #1), Rampant (Condemned #2) & Fervent (Condemned #3) by Gemma James

Torrent (Condemned #1) by Gemma James
 
*****5 Stars*****
 
 
If you have any triggers this book may not be for you. Read the warnings.
This isn't a stand alone. At the time of this review, book two and three are available. Book four is September 15, 2015.
In this book we have Alex. She has so many issues in her life, I don't know how she manages to keep her self straight.
Then we have her evil step brother (Zach), he's just a disgusting human being, in all sense of the word.
Through all this, there is Rafe, he's an innocent victim that had his whole life turned up side down into his own personal form of torment and torture for 8 years. If that wasn't enough, the ending is sure to blow your mind.
From page one there is always something going on, you just have to know what's next, and can't put the book down.
This short read is mind blowing, and action packed.
Loved the depth of these complex characters. I had to read in one sitting because I couldn't put the book down.
This is my first time reading this author and can't wait for more.
Going into book two right now.
 
Reviewed by Amy Kormanik-Jones
 
Synopsis
 
She sent an innocent man to prison. Now, eight years later, he's returning the favor...
I’ve been obsessed with Rafe Mason since I was thirteen. The twisted part of this story is that I still want him, even now.

Now that he's holding me captive on an island.

Rafe has his reasons for doing what he's doing, and if I'm honest, I can't blame him. I’m the girl who sent him to prison for a heinous crime he didn't commit.

But now he's free and the tables have turned...now he's the one driven by obsession.
 
Buy Links:
 
 
Rampant (Condemned #2) by Gemma James
 
*****5 Stars*****
 
 
What is wrong with her??

This book follows book one's warning of DARK and GRITTY, and I loved every minute of it.
This book picks up where book one left off with Alex and Rafe, which isn't a good place.
It's so hard to give a good review without spoilers as this book has more plot going on than book one.
I'll just say, if things can get any worse for our characters, I don't know if my heart can take it.
What lengths will these characters go through just to find that small bit of light and comfort at the end of the tunnel.
These characters really give these feels for every situation.
These books are a MUST read.
At the time of this review book three is out, which I'm going to straight away.
 
Reviewed by Amy Kormanik-Jones
 
Synopsis
 
Life is twisted. Cruel. After being ripped from the safe haven of Rafe's arms, my new kidnapper is waging a sick game. Unable to make my body do his bidding, he's resorting to psychological warfare. He'll bend my mind until I break, and when I do, that just might be my saving grace.

I'll forge through hell to get back to Rafe, body and spirit broken and bleeding, but I'm unprepared for what I find. He's done what I can't: he's erased eight years of pain and betrayal. I don't know how to bring him back to me, because bringing him back means ripping him to shreds all over again.
 
Buy Links:
 
 
Fervent (Condemned #3) by Gemma James
 
*****5 Stars*****
 
 
These books are DARK and GRITTY.
This is book 3 of 4 in the Condemned series. This isn't a stand-alone read.
We pick up right where book two left off.
If you thought these book couldn't get any darker, you were wrong!!
This is so hard to write this review without giving away any spoilers. These books are all just filled with so much plot and non-stop action.
These characters just can't catch a break with their twisted story.
The love story aspect, it just breaks my heart that no one can find any happiness in a circle of evil.
They won't let you go, they keep pulling you in deeper and make sure you turn the pages even faster.
I love how the POV changes in the main character roles and it's not a repeat of the same things.
If you want a book that keeps you starving for more, this is your series.
As of the time of this review, book 4 (the final installment) will be available September 15, 2015.
 
Reviewed by Amy Kormanik-Jones
 
Synopsis
 
Fervent is the third book in the Condemned series.

I never imagined things could get worse, but they do. The men who took us show no mercy. They won’t stop until they’ve destroyed Rafe for something he has no memory of, and I’m their weapon of choice.

Tortured and defiled, they make me wish I was back in that cabin where death was favorable to drawing another breath, but our captors can’t break what’s already broken.

What scares me is the madness I see festering inside Rafe. I’ve taken his freedom, his career, his reputation, yet despite all I’ve done, he’s determined to fight for me, kill for me, give everything he is for me.

He’ll even die for me.
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:


No comments:

Post a Comment