Saturday 5 September 2015

Review: Under My Skin (Stark International Trilogy #3) by J. Kenner

****4 Stars****
 
 
First of all I have to say that I love J. Kenner. Her original Stark Trilogy is one of the better erotica series I've ever read. This new trilogy, based in the same universe as the original series, is good, but not quite as good, at least not in my humble opinion.
Under My Skin is the final novel in the new Stark International Trilogy, so you simply must read Say My Name and On My Knees first, otherwise you won't have any idea what's going on here.
I loved the characters, Jackson Steele and Sylvia Brooks, but the story just seemed to lack a little something for me. It was exciting at times, but seemed a bit repetitive to me at other times. I'm not saying it's bad because it's not. In fact, there were times where it was pretty dang good.
I think if you liked the original Stark Trilogy, and you like J. Kenner's writing, then I'm sure you will not be sorry you picked this series up. Under My Skin does wrap up very nicely all of the loose threads created in the first two books. Jackson and Sylvia are great characters, and I'm sure you will fall in love with both of them.
 
Reviewed by Mike Smith
 
Synopsis
 
Jackson Steele and Sylvia Brooks are back in the powerful finale of a provocative, sizzling-hot new erotic trilogy set in the world of J. Kenner’s beloved Stark novels: Release Me, Claim Me, and Complete Me.

He’s the only man I’ve ever loved, and the one man I can’t bear to lose.

Jackson Steele is my light in this world. Charismatic, bold, and always in control, he knows what he wants and how to get it—and absolutely nothing stands in his way. His hold on me is magnetic, his claim on me complete, his kiss my ultimate escape.

We both harbor dark secrets that could tear our lives apart. Though we’ve tried to bury our pasts, there are certain people who won’t let us forget. But the closer danger comes, the brighter the fire between us burns—our ecstasy consuming and soothing us both.

There’s no telling what lies ahead, but I know that Jackson never gives in without a fight. I’d do anything he wants to keep him safe, give him anything he needs. And now that we’re in deep, nothing can make me run.
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:


No comments:

Post a Comment