Wednesday 16 September 2015

Review: The Perfection of Love by J.L. Monro

****4 Stars****
 
 
I really enjoyed this book, I found it to be refreshingly real. I connected really well with the characters, especially Dana's relationship with her sisters, growing up in a big family I'm very familiar with the fighting like cats and dogs thing. Being British myself I loved the typically British sense of humour that is shown, some of the things the characters say to each other had me laughing my head off and thinking, "that is so what my friends and I are like".
I thought the way it was written was very clever, with the flashbacks to previous difficult occasions in Dana's life, it gives you a good insight into how much she has overcome, with in being alongside the present you can compare where her life was then and where it is now and it gives you tremendous respect for the girl.
The story is engaging, I thought the plot line of Dana's past was very well written. Without giving anything away, I find this subject matter is very hit and miss in books, sometimes it feels rushed and you know in reality it never goes down that way, there is a slow progression, hence why women find themselves a few years down the line and stuck in a situation like this.
I loved Deacon, he's a bit cheeky and quite alpha, traits that I think Dana needed in a man to showcase her new strength. There's quite a bit of angst in this story, I may have got a little too sucked into it since there were times I wanted to bang Dana and Deacon's heads together and tell them to pack it in. Especially Dana, she has a hard time letting go of the past and just taking a chance.
There is an editing issue, it does need a going over but I just didn't care that much, the story was good enough that for me it didn't really take away from it.
I thoroughly enjoyed this debut book and I'll definitely be reading the next instalment to see what other mischief the Daniels sisters have been getting up to.
 
Reviewed by Steph Lewis
 
Synopsis
 
When Dana Daniels first falls in love all she can picture is a wonderful future with a man she believes is perfect. Dana soon learns that love isn’t perfect and vows to herself she’ll never leave her heart vulnerable to another man.

That is until she meets Dr. Deacon Greenwood.

Deacon lets Dana know from the start that he wants more from her than she’s willing give and he won’t stop until her walls are broken down and she lets him into her life and her heart.

Can Dana embrace something new with Deacon or will her past keep haunting her?
  
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:


No comments:

Post a Comment