Monday 14 September 2015

Review: Alternate (Gypsy Brothers Novella) by Lili St Germain

*****4.5 Stars*****
 
 
This novella featured in the Gypsy Brothers box set is the point of view for Dornan, Elliot and Jase, all from different timelines throughout the series, so there are lots of things I can't mention for fear of revealing spoilers.
I will say that I'm not normally a huge fan or retelling stories in different points or view, I find that they often don't add anything new and I rarely get that same feeling I did when reading the original. In the case of Alternate, I felt it added another dimension to the story and complements Juliette's version perfectly.
Out of the three guys, it was Jase's I enjoyed the most. I felt I learnt a lot more from reading his point of view, but really what stood out was how sick and twisted Dornan and his other sons, especially Chad were and reminded me why I loved this series in the first place.
 
Synopsis
 
This novella is currently only available in the Gypsy Brothers series boxset, here's the synopsis of the boxset:
 
The entire USA Today Bestselling series, now available in a paperback omnibus! This paperback is 780 pages long and contains all seven installments of the Gypsy Brothers: Seven Sons Six Brothers Five Miles Four Score Three Years Two Roads One Love Gypsy Brothers
Synopsis: My father was most certainly NOT an innocent man. As the leader of the Gypsy Brothers MC, he was guilty of many things. But he died for a crime that he didn’t commit, framed by an enemy within who then stole his club and everything he had ever worked to protect. Including my innocence. When Dornan Ross framed my father, he set into motion a series of events that could never be undone. My father was murdered by Dornan Ross and his sons when I was fifteen years old. Before my father died, Dornan and his sons stole my innocence, branded my skin and in doing so, ensured that their lives would be prematurely cut short. That they would suffer. I’ve just turned twenty-one, and I’m out for blood. I'm out for revenge. But I didn't expect to fall for Jase, the youngest brother in the club. I didn't expect that he would turn my world upside down, yank my heart out of my chest and ride away into the sunset with it. Now, I'm faced with an impossible choice - Jase, or avenging my fathers death?
 
Gypsy Brothers Series Boxset Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:


No comments:

Post a Comment