Friday 25 March 2016

Review: Why Now? by Carey Heywood

****4 Stars****
 
 
This was such a sweet read, it had a little of everything, Love, Sex, sadness and a little angst.
For over twenty years Kacey has loved her best friends brother Jake but he has never noticed her, well until now. All is not as simple though as after a drunken night Kacey has agreed to marry Jakes best friend Heath. This however was before Jake came home from working offshore on the oil rigs. Secrets are discovered and confessions are made and Jake realises it's now or never. Can he prove to Kasey he noticed her a long time ago but decided for good reasons he couldn't persue her? Well you will just need to one click to find out.
It'e been a while since I have read anything from this author and I am glad I chose to read this one. The storyline does have a love triangle but not in the normal way we read some explosive angsty triangles, this one won't leave you chucking your kindle due to the reasons involved. The writing flows well and the story pulls you in. A great story that will leave you wanting more of this series and fast. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
 
Reviewed by Claire Lamb
 
 
 
He was my everything.
I loved him.
For over twenty years.
And everyone knew, including him.
But he never loved me back.
Not once.
Not ever.
So I moved on.
Until now.
Now he's back, and wants to make me his.
He's everything I've ever wanted.
I should be happy.
But there's one problem.
My fiancé.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment