Monday 14 March 2016

Review: Magnate (Acquisition #2) by Celia Aaron

****4 Stars****
 
 
Once again I'm left with more questions than answers and I'm struggling to see how these people can get away with what they're doing. I understand they're powerful, wealthy families who probably have quite a lot of influence with the law, but I'm still struggling with the plausability of it all.
Having said that, there is still something incredibly gripping about this book, that makes me want to see it through to the end. There were parts and one part in particular that I anticipated would happen and the build up did seem to drag a little, but again I could take my eyes off the pages.
Sinclair changes more times than the weather. But there is something about him that knows there's some good left in him. I'm still unsure what to make of Lucius but I much preferred him in this, compared to book 1.
Well the next book is out in April so I am anticipating a lot more answers, but despite some issues I still found this book highly enjoyable and deserves no less than the 4 stars I've awarded.
 
Reviewed by Louise Dale
 
 
Lucius Vinemont has spirited me away to a world of sugar cane and sun. There is nothing he cannot give me on his lavish Cuban plantation. Each gift seduces me, each touch seals my fate. There is no more talk of depraved competitions or his older brother – the one who’d stolen me, claimed me, and made me feel things I never should have. Even as Lucius works to make me forget Sinclair, my thoughts stray back to him, to the dark blue eyes that haunt my sweetest dreams and bitterest nightmares. Just like every dream, this one must end. Christmas will soon be here, and with it, the second trial of the Acquisition.

Full disclosure: This book is a dark romance with elements of slavery, violence, BDSM, and super-hot sex. It is the second book of a trilogy and ends on a cliffhanger. If you're good with these caveats, enjoy.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment