Monday 14 March 2016

Review: A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
 5 Utterly Heartbreaking Stars
I sit here reflecting on this book with very watery eyes. Anyone who knows me will know that I have a heart made of stone and don't cry at books. However A Thousand Boy Kisses well and truly ripped out my heart and stomped all over it reducing me to stand in my own puddle of tears 3 feet deep. I am used to Tillie Cole writing us readers a hard faced deep and dark tale of murder and woe, but yet here I stand mush after reading one of the best young adult love tales I have ever read. If I had a teenage daughter I would be throwing this under her nose telling her to read and weep at the utter emotions sweeping across these pages. It's a true talent for an author to be able to genre switch and Tillie has done this flawlessly. I'm not going to sit here and go through the story with you and I think people will understand why when you sit down and read this. Every word on every page deserves to be given your full and clear attention without even the slightest incline of a spoiler beforehand. I totally urge people not to spoil this for others as it's one of those books where it could be spoiled from the very start to finish. I can't wait for my friends to read this so I have someone to reflect with.
KISSES =
Kiss number three hundred and fifty four. With my Rune, in the blossom grove... and my heart almost burst.
Infinity.
Sunrises
Sunshine Smiles
Everlasting Love
She knew she had me, just as much as I had her. We were all we needed.
 
Reviewed by Claire Lamb 
 
 
One kiss lasts a moment.
But a thousand kisses can last a lifetime.

One boy.
One girl.
A bond that is forged in an instant and cherished for a decade.
A bond that neither time nor distance can break.
A bond that will last forever.
Or so they believe.
When seventeen-year-old Rune Kristiansen returns from his native Norway to the sleepy town of Blossom Grove, Georgia, where he befriended Poppy Litchfield as a child, he has just one thing on his mind. Why did the girl who was one half of his soul, who promised to wait faithfully for his return, cut him off without a word of explanation?
Rune’s heart was broken two years ago when Poppy fell silent. When he discovers the truth, he finds that the greatest heartache is yet to come.
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment