Monday 7 March 2016

Review: At the Edge (Alpha Crew #1) by Laura Griffin

****4 Stars****
 
 
I've been a little up and down with my feelings about this book. On one hand I love the fact its short and sexy and who doesn't love a hot sexy Navy SEAL? Especially one like Ryan Owen. On the other hand, I had issues with the fact that Emma Wrights plane had crashed, god knows where, in the Philippines and she was then having sexy thoughts about Ryan. Now I don't know about you, but if my plane crashed and I managed to survive, Im more than 100% certain sex would be the last thing on my mind. Having said that, and with this being a work of fiction, I am able to overlook certain things and honestly this book, especially the finally 20% was a little, hot sexy read with an ending that makes me want to read book 2, like yesterday.
There wasn't much depth to the characters as such and the book does rely heavily on the story itself. Basically it's not just simply about girl survives plane crash, meets boy, they fall in love and all live happily ever after. I do feel the book would have benefited had it been a bit longer as all the details I felt were missing could have been incorporated, turning it from a good book, into a great book.
I would say that I do wish the author had been a little clearer on the military terminology as some of it was a little unclear to me as a civilian and someone who hasn't read a lot of military fiction. There was a lot or abbreviation which I either had to assume the meaning or had to research and whilst this wasn't a huge task, it did take my focus away from the story on occasion.
For those who have yet to add Military romance to your 'to be read' list, or those are already familiar with books in this particular genre. I highly recommend you add this one. Its short and all in all a pretty enjoyable read.
 
Reviewed by Louise Dale
 
 
Dive into Part One of this heart-pounding romantic suspense story, which continues in Edge of Surrender: Alpha Crew Part Two!

When Emma Wright’s government plane goes down over the Philippine jungle, she’s forced to survive alone until an ultra-elite SEAL team goes in after her. As the leader of Alpha Crew, Ryan Owen is no stranger to challenges, but he’s never tackled anything quite like this sexy, smart, and resourceful woman. The mission is to get Emma home safely, but danger is everywhere, and Ryan’s unexpected desire for Emma could be a deadly distraction.

Back home in California, Ryan’s mission is over—but Emma’s has just begun. She knows her plane crash was no accident, and she’s determined to uncover the truth about what happened—even if her quest for answers puts her at risk. Torn between duty and desire, Ryan searches for a way win Emma’s heart while protecting her from an invisible enemy who wants her dead.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment