Monday 7 March 2016

Review: Sparrow by L.J. Shen

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
This is my first book by this author and I can honestly say it won’t be my last. I initially said no to reading this, then I looked at the blurb properly and changed my mind because I was intrigued. I am so fluffing glad I squeezed it in, I think I would have missed out big time on this fantastic story had I stuck to saying no.
On to the story, Troy and Sparrow don’t even like each other never mind love each other, so why does she get kidnapped and then forced to get married??? Murder, blackmail, kidnap, throw in a sassy female, a controlling mobster male, lots of mystery and some mobster snitches, what do we get? Chaos, that’s what.
Sparrow really really want’s to know why she had to marry Troy Brennan the most feared man in Boston. The information isn’t easy for Sparrow to find out and it’s throwing her life into turmoil. Troy see’s Sparrow as a thorn in his side but a much needed one for his plans for the future. Their whole relationship is a farce but one things for sure Sparrow can hold her own. It leaves you wondering how things work out for the couple, can they survive a marriage based on lies? One click to find out.
I loved this story and I think this author may be one to watch out for. Sparrow is a sassy mouthed kick ass female lead who would give any alpha male a run for their money. Sparrow isn’t scared to answer Troy back and he damn well knows it, so it’s nice to see a lead who isn’t bowing down kidnapped or not. The writing flows perfectly well and the style and plot are original which always sells for me in a book. I for one can’t wait to see what this author writes next. PS I love the cover just because it’s different.
 
Reviewed by Claire Lamb
 
 
Troy Brennan

Every southie in Boston knows that name. The son of a dead mobster. The heart throb with steel blue eyes. "The Fixer" who can make or break you in this city.

Oh, and my new husband.

Sparrow Raynes

That's me. No one seemed to remember my name up until he barged into my life.
But then he caged me.
Kidnapped me.
And killed every chance I had to runaway from the place where we grew up.
Put simply, Troy Brennan clipped my wings.

I have dreams, big ones, but I doubt he'd ever let me chase them. I have no idea why he'd decided to take me as his wife. But I do know this: pissing off this man will not do me any good. At all.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment