Tuesday 29 March 2016

Review: This is War, Baby (War & Peace #1) by K. Webster

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
It's so hard trying to write this review without spoilers, but I think that it's best to read this story knowing nothing about it. You will know why when you read it for yourself.
I don't think I have ever described a book as mind blowing before, until now that is. This is War, Baby blew my mind, I loved it. I finished reading it a few days ago and I'm still recovering from a pretty big book hangover. It's one of those books that you just can't put down, and even when you have to, you can't stop thinking about it.
I love an unpredictable book and this certainly was that. I didn't have a clue what was going on through some of it and when I tried to guess? I was wrong. I have come away with more questions than answers and I need the second book. Now!!
Highly recommended to anyone who loves a dark read. I would say though that you should take note of the warning at the beginning: "It WILL cross lines. It WILL break the rules. It WILL make you sick and it WILL stress you out". But if you're anything like me they are just 4 of the many reasons you will LOVE it.
 
Reviewed by Danielle Meredith
 
 
My life had a plan. Until he invaded it and stole it all away. My captor took me and I became a pawn.

His strategy changed and he sent me away to WAR, because money is everything in this world.

In my WAR, though, I found peace.

I couldn’t help but find love where I least expected it, with a man who lived a battle every day of his life
…all inside his head.

But then my captor came back for me.
Yet, this time, battle lines had been drawn and I was protected.

So we thought.
Even though my WAR was raging,
my captor would fight to the death.

The good guys always win, right?
Not always.

All’s fair in love and WAR, right?
Not this time.

***WARNING***
This is War, Baby is a dark romance. A really dark one. So dark you’re going to wish you had a flashlight to see yourself to the end and someone to hold your hand. Human trafficking, dubious consent, and strong sexual themes that could trigger emotional distress are found in this story. This story is NOT for everyone.
 
 
Amazon UK - http://goo.gl/gd2liy 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment