Tuesday 9 June 2015

Review: Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
Warning: you may ugly cry whilst reading Ugly Love!
I went into this book totally blind, the only thing I'd heard was that it was brilliant, but I knew nothing of the storyline not even having read the blurb.
It was totally different to what I thought it would be but in the best possible way. I was totally with Tate with her inability to stay away from Miles despite the fact she knew it was likely she'd end up getting hurt. She just kept putting all thoughts of the inevitable out of her head, a trait that with any other guy, I would have had no understanding of. But because it was Miles I totally got why she just couldn't back away, even to save her own heart.
Miles is so troubled, it is not revealed what happened to him until later on in the book but when it is revealed, well, you'll want to reach into your Kindle and hug the crap out of him.
I loved the way it was written, with the chapters alternating past and present so simultaneously you're seeing things progress in the present whilst more of the past is revealed to you. You get this feeling with every chapter of the past that something horrible is coming, you just don't know what but you're on the edge of your seat whilst reading.
The ending....I loved it. It was perfect, and I may have even teared up at that bit for totally different reasons than the scene than got to me earlier on.
I can't wait for the movie now! It's gonna be emotional!
 
Blurb
 
When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past.
Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated.
Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly.
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment