Wednesday 3 June 2015

Review: Moonlight on Nightingale Way (On Dublin Street #6) by Samantha Young

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
Well aren't I just a big emotional mess after reading this. It's not that the story itself is any more emotional than any others in this series, its the fact that I am really going to miss reading about these characters who I've truly grown to love. I'll never forget that moment when Braden and Joss first met in the back of a black cab. It seems like a lifetime ago, but what a journey. Since then we've met and fell in love with many more characters and this book was no exception.
It tells the story of Grace Farquahr (yes I did snigger at the surname, but believe me the name's perfect for her). She has come from a privileged background and grew up in Kensington, London before setting up home in Edinburgh. At first she came across as quite pompous and the upper class background was definitely noticeable when she has several run ins with her neighbour, Logan McLeod.
Now if there were ever two characters who were like chalk and cheese it's these two.
We met Logan in the last book, as he is the brother of Shannon and in that book he spent the majority of it behind bars, serving time for a crime which, when you read about it, you I'm sure 99% of you will totally understand why he did what he did. Anyway in this book he is trying to adapt to the world outside of prison and thanks to Braden Carmichael and the rest of the gang he is being given a chance of a new life for himself when a surprise suddenly appears on his doorstep.
Grace then becomes his rock and the support she gives him is truly amazing and at times incredibly emotional. Logan on the other hand is seriously hot, I'm talking along the lines of 'melt the polar ice caps hot' and despite his self loathing, it is so easy to love his character.
This book has literally been bitter sweet for me, because like all the other books, this one has been jam packed with emotion, chemistry, sizzling hot sex scenes and finishes with a happy ever after, but at the same time I'm so sad at the fact that this is the final book and we must now say goodbye to these characters.
I have loved every single book in this series and it's no secret that Joss and Braden will always be my favourite, but I love them all as a whole, I love their friendships and the fact that I connected with each character has been such a surprise, because normally I connect with characters in a fictional sense, but I'm almost certain I wouldn't feel the same about them in real life, yet with every one from On Dublin Street to this book I actually could imagine having a drink down the pub with them. Maybe its because I'm a fellow Brit or maybe its because these books have been so well written. Either way, its been an absolute pleasure.
 
 
Blurb
 
Last in the Series

Logan from Echoes of Scotland Street is back with his own smoldering story, as the New York Times bestselling On Dublin Street series returns…

Logan spent two years paying for the mistakes he made. Now, he’s ready to start over. He has a great apartment, a good job, and plenty of women to distract him from his past. And one woman who is driving him to distraction…

Grace escaped her manipulative family by moving to a new city. Her new life, made to suit her own needs, is almost perfect. All she needs to do is find her Mr. Right—or at least figure out a way to ignore her irresistible yet annoying womanizer of a neighbor.

Grace is determined to have nothing to do with Logan until a life-changing surprise slowly begins turning the wild heartbreaker into exactly the kind of strong, stable man she’s been searching for. Only just when she begins to give into his charms, her own messy past threatens to derail everything they’ve worked to build.
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment