Tuesday 9 June 2015

Review: Falloir (Passion Noire #2) by J.D. Chase

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
Wtf?! No freaking way can I be left hanging like this.... Noooo!!!!
An absolutely thrilling, compelling second book in this series! In case you haven't read it already, book #1, Vouloir must be read first. It's a great book too (be sure to look for the review on the Fictional page/blog) and this second book picks up the story.
I don't want to give anything away but this series goes against my usual type of book but it came highly recommended and I'm so glad I allowed myself to be swayed!
Imagine a strong, dependable man, who is brought to his knees. He's agreed to offer his help and found an unlikely family for himself along the way.
Imagine a strong woman, who has vowed never to be weak again but finds herself dependent on someone who epitomises her very real nightmares.
It's one of the best series I've read. It's beautifully written and J D Chase is certainly an immediate 1-click author for me, no questions asked.
What's left for me to say? I need more....NOW! And READ THIS ASAP!
Highly recommend this truly genius book!
5 stars from me...
 
 
Blurb
 
La Veuve Noire’s little boxes keep rattling as she struggles to juggle the challenges that life seems intent on throwing at her. It doesn’t help that the most important thing in the world to her, The Kid, is inextricably linked to the physical representation of her nemesis.

A new little box, constructed from guilt and grief, leads her to take drastic action. Tired of looking over her shoulder, Veuve longs to smash open those little boxes and face up to the demons inside, once and for all.

Ex-Commando, Jax ‘Jones’ is the embodiment of everything she strives to avoid. Frustratingly, the more determined she is to conquer her past, the more she finds herself relying on him.

But what if the past is inexplicably linked with the present? Just who will face the consequences of provoking demons from the past?
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment