Wednesday 17 June 2015

Review: Leaving Me Behind by Sigal Ehrlich

*****4.5 Stars*****
 
 
As a blog, I know we have reviewed books by this author before, but for me, this is the first book I've read by Sigal Ehrlich and I have to say, I wasn't disappointed.
One of the things I can say about this book is, I actually expected a darker read. I don't know if the cover made me make that assumption, but quite honestly, this was a fun, sexy story.
It starts out with Liv, a thirty something woman. She has a good life in the sense that she is financially secure, but she feels she wants more out of life and so she decides to move temporarily to a small town in Spain and it's here she meets an incredibly hot mysterious stranger.
I could tell you the guys name, but a small part of the story is the build up to revealing his name, so I will leave that a mystery also. What I can say is that I loved him from the very beginning. He wasn't anything particularly different to the book boyfriends I have encountered before and in all honesty it is Liv and her new friends in Spain, who make this book what it is. Liv does have some issues to work through and I'm not sure I understood some of her thought processes, but she completely won me over.
There we're some funny, laugh out loud moments, there were also moments of emotion. So I say to those who are looking for a quick, funny, sexy standalone I highly recommend this book to you.
 
Blurb
 
Fed up with her comfortable and dull-to-boredom life, Liv takes the bravest leap, leaving it all behind. Unfortunately the crux of her issues – her entrenched, well-kept emotional guard – tags along for the ride.

With the spirit of change burning from every pore and a determined plan to break free from her self-oppressed lifestyle to enjoy life’s simplest pleasures, she moves half way across the globe to a peaceful Spanish coastal town.

With an aim to feel whole again, liberated and happy by herself, Liv begins her journey while maintaining weekly-cyber therapy sessions with her long time, questionable shrink.

As Liv finally begins to enjoy her new life and experience the varied goods the exotic country has to offer, a sudden major turn leads Liv to be swept into the most tantalizing roller coaster of her life.

A turn that leaves her questioning everything she thought was right.
  
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:

No comments:

Post a Comment