Wednesday 24 June 2015

Review: Flawed Heart (House of Obsidian #1) by Bella Jewel

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
Bella Jewel just has the magic formula, her books are, without fail, always brilliant. And this one is no exception!
This is Ana and Max's story who we met in Desolate (Joker's Wrath MC #4), you may remember Ana as being Pippa's roommate. I was eagerly awaiting this book because the snippets of them that were revealed in Desolation were hella intriguing.
This is a dual POV book with most of Max's chapters being set in the past, showing how he met Ana, and the majority of the present tense being written in Ana's POV. I loved the way this was written, I thought it worked really well for telling their story and revealing what went on as the story plays out.
This is a short read and you'll likely get through it in one sitting which is ideal since Bella's books are hard to put down.
I'm really looking forward to Rainer's story which is coming soon, I hope he can find someone and move on from Pippa. Also, after the sadness of saying goodbye to the Joker's Wrath MC you'll be happy to know they do make a few short appearances in this book so if you're missing them as much as me then get on this book!
 
Blurb
 
I met him in college, and I fell in love.
It was a beautiful love, pure and perfect.
Max quickly became everything I could have ever wanted.
He was the jock, the popular guy, and I was just Belle.
But he made me so much more.
He gave me everything I could have ever wanted in life.
But one night, one accident. It changed everything.
The man I loved. The man I thought I knew...disappeared.
I can't tell you the exact moment he fell out of love with me. But he did.
I wish I could tell you there was hope.
That I hung on. That I fought.
I wish I could tell you that we fixed it.
That happily ever after was just out of our grips.
It wasn’t. I ran. In the dead of the night, I packed my things and I left him.

Five years later, I have returned.
He’s still the same man I left behind.
A deadly underground fighter for the House of Obsidian.
He’s still dangerous. He’s still broken. I still love him.
We're both holding a secret, and that secret might just change everything.
Maybe I was wrong.
Maybe I should have never left.
Did I give up too easily?

This is the part where I’m supposed to turn back around and run…but I don’t.
I can't.
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:


No comments:

Post a Comment