Tuesday 9 June 2015

Review: Roman's Redemption (Roman #2) by Kimber S. Dawn

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
Let me start by saying for those of you who focus solely on the fluffy romance books, with a happy ever after, this book is more than likely not for you. However, for those who are fans of dark reads (and let me tell you I thought the first book was the darkest book I'd ever read) then prepare to be taken on one hell of a journey, because this second installment is hands down the darkest book I have ever had the pleasure of reading.
I can say with absolute certainty there is not one character in this book, other than Ivy (for now), who is not warped in someway. If you were to read about these characters in real life, if this story was to appear in the news, you would be hoping and praying that they were caught, convicted and thrown in a maximum security mental facility, never to be heard of again.
However, as is often the case in the fictional world, you may find yourself actually liking one or two characters and despite me hating Roman with a vengeance in book one, I found him to be almost loveable in this book, although I really do use that term loosely.
As a fan of pretty much all genres of fiction, It is not often that I am shocked and haunted by scenes, even ones of torture, so let me put it into context. Certain scenes in this book literally had me scared to read any more. If I could have dived behind the sofa, because I was to afraid to read on, I would have. I winced and squirmed through so many scenes in this book.
Some may wonder why anyone would want to read something like that and in all honesty, I can't tell you, but Kimber S Dawn, as lovely as you most likely are, you have one twisted imagination and made me feel things and have empathy with characters I shouldn't have and that is why I loved this book. Yes, I enjoy a hearts and flowers kind of romance, but sometimes you just need a book so dark, you wonder whether you will be able to come out the other side and quite frankly I don't think I did.
 
Blurb
 
I once told you, "Every sin I commit, every life I end, every soul I purchase, I do so to watch in gratifying amusement as it fades out. I've taken these lives with whole and complete intentions of watching my sins and transgressions affect and alter the life of others."

I'm afraid those words no longer hold even a thread of truth.

The man you once knew is now nothing more than a ghost.

The blood staining my hands is no longer a consequence of my amusement.

I have become pure evil. The blood you see is the result of my visceral need to hinder the torment and desolation left in my wife's wake.

If you are foolish enough to believe all men are worthy of redemption, even those of us born evil, take my hand and allow me to show you what I believe about Redemption.

For this is, after all Roman's Redemption.

***This book contains raw and graphic sex, obscene language, violence, torture, rape, and assault. This book is intended for MATURE AUDIENCE MEMBER'S ONLY and NOT intended for the weak at heart, nor persons with triggers related to assault, rape, or abuse.***
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:





No comments:

Post a Comment