Wednesday 10 June 2015

Review: Cannon (Step Brother Romance #3) by Sabrina Paige

****4 Stars****
 
 
I enjoyed this book, but if I'm honest, I did prefer the previous two books.
This is the story of Addison, a country music star, who's mother and stepfather control pretty much every aspect of her life. Her life is all about public image and in order for her to maintain that wholesome persona, Hendrix, her stepbrother, has been given the task of being Addy's bodyguard.
Hendrix walked out of her life five years previous, after joining the Marines and it is clear there is a history between the pair.
The book reverts between the past (Starting from seven years previous) to the present day and distinguishing between the two timelines was very clearly defined and easy to follow.
Another thing that became apparent, was that Hendrix clearly suffers due to his time served in Afghanistan and this is where I would have loved more. If I'm being picky, I wanted him to be more at odds with his demons.
To summarize, I did feel that the PTSD storyline could have been so much more, but I really did find this to be a fairly quick, hot, enjoyable read and just like the other books in the series, it can be read as a standalone.
 
Blurb
 
Hendrix "Cannon" Cole is a major D*ck. That's D*ck with a capital D.

He's nicknamed "Cannon" because of the weapon between his legs.

He's damaged, dirty, and demanding. A sexy-as-f*ck ex-Marine.

My stepbrother.

I used to hate him. Then I loved him. Then I hated him again.

Our history is complicated. But my family thinks he's the perfect solution to my problem. A scandal has thrown me into the limelight, and I'll be screwed if I don't stay on the straight and narrow. Now, Hendrix's new job is making sure I behave.

What I didn't count on was being stuck spending every waking moment with him.

The heat between us is explosive. But if he fires that cannon, we'll both get burned.

**This is a standalone novel with a HEA**
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:



 


No comments:

Post a Comment