Thursday 18 June 2015

Review: The Gentleman Mentor (Lessons with the Dom #1) by Kendall Ryan

****3.5 Stars****
 
 
I have to start by saying that unfortunately this book just wasn't for me. There's nothing wrong with the book but it just didn't grab me... That being said, I'm sure there are lots of you out there that will enjoy it.
Brie is in a rut. Hopelessly in love with her longtime friend but not confident enough to do anything about it, she's certain to remain relegated to the friend zone.
Finally taking the bull by the horns, she decided to employ a mentor... Someone to teach her the art of seduction, to build her confidence and give her the courage to go after the person that's held her heart for so long.
Along comes "Dom", who offers his services to women in this sort of situation. No feelings, no emotions, just pure instruction and the experience required to get Brie to her end game.
Of course nothing is ever that simple.
The book was a well written and edited and there's not anything obvious to pick at. Unfortunately, for me, I found it a little predictable and it just didn't pull me in, in the way I love a book to do.
"Dom" is hot though and I'm sure plenty of you will enjoy sinking your teeth into him. Don't be put off just because I didn't enjoy it as much as I'd hoped....give it a go, you never know.
 
Blurb
 
Hot New Romance from New York Times bestseller!
He calls himself the Gentleman Mentor.

Just reading his ad makes me feel more alive than I have in years.

He promises to teach me the art of seduction … and show me the most sinfully erotic pleasures. He’s going to help me become the kind of confident, sexy woman men can’t ignore.

Six lessons … with the most gorgeous man … who happens to be a Dom.

The only problem … now that I’ve experienced his brand of delectable domination will anyone else ever compare?

She’s a client. That’s all.

Or it should be.

But with every lesson, she’s becoming more.

The secrets I’m hiding behind the image of the Gentleman Mentor make telling her the truth—and having anything real—impossible.

I’m training her for another man, and that fact guts me every time I think of it.

I know she’s not mine … but part of me won’t accept that.

Am I willing to risk it all to keep her?
THE GENTLEMAN MENTOR is a full-length standalone novel.
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:

No comments:

Post a Comment