Monday 8 August 2016

Review: Six (Men by Numbers #2) by Ker Dukey

*****5 Stars*****


I had been looking forward to reading about Six ever since we were first introduced to him in Ten (book 1) And I can say it satisfied me in every way possible. Six is a man fresh out of prison looking to seek revenge for those who wronged him and hurt someone he loved very dearly. Biding his time and rebuilding his life until the time is right, he won't let anyone get close to him beyond friendships. Then Misty walks through the door of his bar, becomes his new bar manager and Six really struggles to stop the chemistry sizzling and to keep it in his pants. Misty is a feisty chick who doesn't back down, she has been travelling from town to town after the death of her father which forced her to sell everything up to pay all his debts. Looking for a job and a new home fate was on her side the day she stepped into Six's bar soaked from the rain. Misty can hold her own and she challenges Six at every turn giving him as good as she got. When you think things finally start moving and hotting up the past comes back sooner than Six wants ripping everything to shreds. Surviving blame and guilt a second time for six isn't an option cause he can't burden any more guilt than he already has in his broken heart. Protection mode is all he can do but can everyone survive?
I loved Six and he can protect me if he wants lol. The sexual energy radiating from both characters was enough to blow you up. I love a good story with tension and angst and Ker Dukey delivered yet again. There are some really graphic flashbacks in this book so if you have a weak stomach maybe it's best to skip those parts. Overall I loved it and can't wait to read Luckys story.

Reviewed by Claire Lamb


I grew up in the foster system and bounced around from place to place. I know what you’re thinking. Bad things happened to me and fucked me up? Don’t feel bad for me. I didn’t know a privileged life, therefore I didn’t miss one. I was what I was and I made it work. I actually had a few good homes in my lifetime, met some good people, but that’s not what my story’s about. It’s not a Romeo and Juliet saga either, even if our stories do revolve around a similar basis. I knew a real love, a rare love, a love between two people that were never supposed to fall in love. Rival gang members are never allowed to fall in love and it cost us everything. The things I learned growing up the way I did is this: Love is deadly and often not real. People come and go and only the rare few stick around when shit gets tough. I learned the hard way what lurks behind false smiles, and that deceitful truths get whispered in sexual moans. I was taught that dark souls are not born but created, and you can avoid them, hide from them or learn and become them.
Revenge sculpted and molded me into the darkest of souls, and with my wrath comes agony and torment more severe than hell itself. I took out six of the men who hurt my woman and I will be coming for the rest. Get in my way and I’ll come for you too.





No comments:

Post a Comment