Tuesday 23 August 2016

Review: Furious Rush by S.C. Stephens

****4 Stars****


I have to say, I would probably rate SC Stephen's, Thoughtless series as one of my top 5 all time favourites and I also loved her paranormal, Conversion series. So when I was given the opportunity to read this, I simply jumped at the chance. I loved the idea of two rival motorcycle racing teams and a forbidden love type story.
Two teams have a long running feud that prevents either racers or crew from interacting with each other. Mackenzie Cox racing for one team and Hayden Hayes racing for the rival team. Both hit it off straight away and the fact that neither can be seen together makes their chemistry that bit more powerful.
For me however, there just wasn't enough emphasis on the romance element and it felt like the motorcycle racing storyline and Kenzies issues with other characters took more of a precedence. At times it just didn't feel like an SC Stephens book, other times it did.
The characters, especially Kenzie, seemed cowardly and that became incredibly frustrating at times, because ultimately there was a great story to be had here.
Kenzie in particular bore the brunt of my issues for much of this book. She allowed certain characters to walk all over her, with very little reason for it. I understand that her career meant a lot to her, but I do feel that with a little more back bone, Kenzie could have been a much more likeable character.
Hayden simply made this book for me. I only wish we'd had a couple of chapters in his point of view, just to help us get to know him better. Because a large percentage of the story, we knew very little about him at all, apart from the odd glimpse Kenzie had of him across the track or when they were racing together.
Now whilst this may not be my most favourite of SC Stephens works, I am excited as to what she will be doing in the future.

Reviewed by Louise Dale


For Mackenzie Cox, racing motorcycles is in her blood. Born into a family legacy, she's determined to show the world that she has inherited her father's talent in this male-dominated sport. The last thing Kenzie needs is to be antagonised by her rival team's newest rider, Hayden Hayes. Hayden, exceedingly arrogant and outrageously attractive, immediately gets under Kenzie's skin and she can't help but be distracted.

As Kenzie and Hayden push each other on the track, the electric energy between them off the track shifts into an intense - and strictly forbidden - attraction. The only rule between their two ultra-competitive teams is zero contact. Kenzie needs a win, and she also needs to stay away from Hayden. Unfortunately for her though, one thing has become all too clear: she can't.

Fuelled by passion, driven by desire, Hayden and Mackenzie both want to win more than anything else. Except for, maybe, each other. But anger, jealousy and extreme competitiveness aren't their only obstacles . . .





No comments:

Post a Comment