Monday 8 August 2016

Review: Full Tilt (Full Tilt #1) by Emma Scott

*****5 Stars*****


This is a new to me author and what a way to get introduced to her books. I absolutely loved this book and could not put it down once I started. Kacey and Jonah's story was such an emotional roller coaster of a journey that I recommend bringing lots and lots of tissues with you for the ride. This is one of those stories that will touch your heart and stick with you for a long time after you finish reading. I was super excited to get my hands on this amazing book after I read the blurb but I'm pretty sure I must not have read the whole blurb because I had no idea this was going to be such a tearjerker emotionally devastating read. I had no clue just how much Kasey and Jonah would leave their mark on me and impact my emotions. This is definitely one of those books that teaches you to live life to the fullest with no regrets.
Jonah is an artist who works closely with glass and also part time as a limo driver. He is working tirelessly towards a goal never straying from his strict schedule until he meets Kacey Dawson. Kasey is the lead guitarist in a rock band and Jonah just happens to be their limo driver one night. He notices that she is on the path of self destruction and offers to let her stay with him for a few days to get her head straight. They never imagined how deep and instant of a connection they would form in so little time. Jonah makes Kasey want to be a better woman and Kasey helps him learn to live again.
This story will break you in the best way possible and give you all the feels! I loved Kasey and Jonah and how both of them grew and changed so much. I also loved Jonah's brother, Theo! He was a great side character and one I definitely want to learn more about. This story makes me want to live each and every day to the fullest and to make them count. It makes me want to love and cherish my loved ones that much more than I already do. Full Tilt will make you laugh, smile, yell, and even sob your heart out at some points but this is definitely a 5 star read that you do not want to miss out on!

Reviewed by Ashley Ziegler


"I would love you forever, if I only had the chance..."

Kacey Dawson has always lived life on the edge--impulsively, sometimes recklessly. And now, as lead guitarist for a hot up-and-coming band, she is poised at the brink of fame and fortune. But she is torn between wanting to be a serious musician, and the demons that lure her down the glittering, but alcohol-soaked path of rock stardom. A wrecked concert in Las Vegas threatens to ruin her career entirely. She wakes up with the hangover from hell and no memory of the night before, or how she ended up on her limo driver’s couch...

Jonah Fletcher is running out of time. He knows his situation is hopeless, and he's vowed to make the most of the handful of months he has left to him. His plans include seeing the opening of his glass installation at a prestigious art gallery…they do not include falling in love with a wild, tempestuous rock musician who wound up passed out on his couch.

Jonah sees that Kacey is on a path to self-destruction. He lets her crash with him for a few days to dry out and get her head on straight. But neither of them expected the deep connection they felt, or how that connection could grow so fast from friendship into something more. Something deep and pure and life-changing…something as fragile as glass, that they both know will shatter in the end no matter how hard they try to hold on to it.


Full Tilt is a story about what it means to love with your whole heart, to sacrifice, to experience terrible grief and soaring joy. To live life with all its beauty, and all its pain, and in the end to be able to smile through tears and know you wouldn’t have changed a thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment