Thursday 4 August 2016

Review: Hitched: Volume Three (Imperfect Love #3) by Kendall Ryan

***3 Stars***


This is the third and final installment of the Hitched serial, it picks up right where book two left off with THAT bombshell.
I connected a lot better with Oliver in this book where previously I'd had difficulty with that. With everything she was going through I couldn't help but feel for her, she became a more three dimensional character for me during this installment.
Although I was excitedly anticipating this finale to get a conclusion to this story, and I was happy with the conclusion, I found I didn't enjoy this book as much as the first two. There was a lot of 'shop talk' about their company; proposals, client meetings, contracts, I found this affected the flow of the story for me and made reading it kind of draggy in places. I also felt there were a lot of sex scenes in this book for such a short read and I found myself tempted to skim over them towards the end. For me I was more interested in seeing how the premise of the story played put in this final book, with the, 'arranged marriage' you could call it, and seeing how Noah got out of the tricky situation he found himself in. The sex scenes didn't take away from the story in anyway, I just felt that after a certain point they stopped adding anything to it.
All that being said this series is a light, easy read, perfect for if you're looking for a short serial between longer books. I really enjoyed the premise of two people forced to get together under contractual obligations and watching the struggles with that play out.

Reviewed by Steph Lewis


On the heels of her smash hit and New York Times bestselling SCREWED series, Kendall Ryan brings you HITCHED, a romantic comedy that delivers heart and heat. A NYC playboy turned business mogul has ninety days to win over the woman he's always desired in order to save his father's company. One tiny problem: She hates his guts. This is the third and final volume in the story.





No comments:

Post a Comment