Thursday 9 February 2017

Review: War Poppy by Nicole Lynne



*****5 Stars*****



This book? It's going to shred your heart and leave your face stained with tears.

Brandon's story is utterly devastating. The turmoil, loss, guilt and anger are palpable throughout the book and it drags you down to the depths of his despair.

There's not much I can say about the story itself, without ruining it. However, it's beautifully written. The emotions and struggles that the characters endure are so tangible that you'll feel every hit, every kiss, every tear as if it were your own.

I know this is book #1 in the new War series but quite honestly, I'm not sure where it can go from here and I'm not sure I can take much more. The annihilation you'll be left feeling is worth it though.

Highly recommended 5 star read!



Reviewed by Vivienne Kauffer



Poppy 

Love and war. Two words that should have little association, but to me the two go hand in hand. Both are a tragedy. They rip you open and spit you out. The war killed my husband, Connor, shattered my will to live, and took my best friend. Brandon may not have physically died in that war, but his soul did. And now we're left to pick up the wreckage. Expected to move on when all that is left is the ruins of a life we once had. 

Brandon 

War. It took everything from me, even myself. When you're only able to exist, death seems like a blessing. Pain...a welcome distraction. I ran from everything associated with my past, and then she found me, fighting, drowning myself in whisky, trying to forget. She reminds me of Connor, of what I've lost—what we've lost. In the midst of destruction, she's a salvation I don't deserve. 

I shouldn't love him. 

I shouldn't love her. 

Love is a war we never should have fought.


Amazon USA - http://amzn.to/2kuYFTb



No comments:

Post a Comment