Tuesday 28 February 2017

Review: Blackbird by Molly McAdams

*****5 Stars*****



I finished this book a few days ago and have been struggling to write a review ever since. We all know what to expect from a Molly McAdams book: ugly cry, angst, anger, and broken hearts. Molly really stepped out of her normal genre with this one. It was different than any of her other ones which I all loved. This one was dark and suspenseful and angsty and made me want to scream at times. I don't normally read dark books but this one just may have been changing me mind about the whole dark romance genre. I jumped at the chance to read this, even before I even looked at the blurb.

I loved Briar and Lucas and I loved them together although I had a love-hate relationship with Lucas at first. And I felt for them every step of the way in this book. These characters will absolutely gut you and break your heart and have you screaming and crying and every emotion in between. Their story was definitely an emotional roller coaster of a ride but I enjoyed every single second of them and never wanted it to end! There was twist after twist and you never see any of them coming till they smack you right up side the head and you are left reeling.

This book was definitely an emotional experience in itself and I think this book will stay with me for awhile. All I can say is go out and one-click this book, what are you waiting for?! One click this bad boy and I promise you won't regret it! Molly McAdams has one heck of a brilliant talent and I can't wait till her next book!

Reviewed by Ashley Zeigler


I live in a world few know exist. I’ve trained for this. I know what to say, what to do, and how to act. I’ve perfected the lethal calm required for this life. 
Now it’s time to buy my first girl. But all it takes is one look at the brave girl who starts singing mid-auction for that calm to slip.
Briar Chapman is going to be the death of me, and I don’t care. I’ll take every day with her until that death comes, and I’ll welcome it when it does.

On the outside, Lucas Holt is what nightmares are made of. A man cloaked in darkness, with sin-filled eyes and an enticing grin. A devil so devastatingly beautiful and cruel that his very presence instills fear.
But beneath his terrifying, ever-calm exterior is an affectionate man haunted by a past that refuses to stay buried. And Lucas looks at me as though he’s finally found the only person who can make it all go away.
We’re a battle of the brightest day and the darkest night—and I want to lie in the wake of our war.







No comments:

Post a Comment