Wednesday 1 February 2017

Review ~ Defy (Sinners of Sain 0.5) by L.J. Shen


****4 Stars****




Defy takes us to the years before Vicious (Sinners of Saint book one) and follows the taboo love story of Melody and Jaime. It's a really quick read so my review will be short.

Melody is a 26 year old Lit teacher in a senior high school that teaches a lot of rich kids including the 4 hothole boys of Todos Santos, Vicious, Dean, Trent and Jaime. Jaime takes a shine to Melody and makes it his mission to get his wicked way with her initially through blackmail but eventually confesses all. Melody absolutely hates her job and Jaime's mother whom is the school principle and the feeling is mutual. After a serious incident involving the 4 boys, Jaime's mother finally finds a way to tear the two of them apart but will it work or can they find a way to be together after all teachers shouldn't be engaging in such activity with students!

This is a quick taboo read with some really hot scenes. It gives the reader a quick insight on what kind of thing to expect with these boys as the years go on. It didn't quite reach 5 stars for me because I thought more drama with his parents could have been brought into the story especially in the epilogue as I thought they got off to lightly. Overall though another good read from LJ Shen.





Defy is a smutty, insta-love, insta-lust short novella. Defy is a prequel to Vicious (Sinners of Saint #1). It is recommended, but unnecessary, to read Defy before reading Vicious.

My name is Melody Greene, and I have a confession to make.
I slept with my student, a senior in high school.
Multiple times.
I had multiple orgasms.
In multiple positions.
I slept with my student and I enjoyed it.
I slept with my student and I’d do it all over again if I could turn back time.
My name is Melody Greene, and I got kicked out of my position as a teacher and did my walk of shame a la Cersei Lannister from the principal’s office, minutes after said principal threatened to call the cops on me.
My name is Melody Greene, and I did something bad because it made me feel good.
Here is why it was totally worth it.



Amazon USA - http://amzn.to/2jErNUJ




No comments:

Post a Comment