Friday 15 May 2015

Review: Slayer (Sons of Rebellion Motorcycle Club #1) by Elsa Day

****3.5 Stars****
 
 
I found it really hard to rate this book, I went back and forth between 3.5 and 4 stars for ages, and I'm still not satisfied with my final rating. To be honest I'd say it's somewhere in the middle, 3.75 stars to be pernickety. ...
The writing was good and the storyline was intriguing enough to make me want to continue with the series to find out what happens between Hunter and Nadia. Nadia is the daughter of the president of the Midnight Stalkers MC, Hunter is the Sergeant-At-Arms of a rival MC, Sons of Rebellion. Hunter has been tasked with a deadly mission, a kill list of Midnight Stalkers. The two meet at a bar, neither know who the other is but their attraction to each other is strong. Another positive about this book, the chemistry between the two main characters was off the charts!
Now the reason I couldn't quite stretch to a four star rating? It was just too damn short. I realise this is part of a serial, and I have no problem with that, I for one love a serial! But because it was so short there was almost no character development. There was also no development of the relationship between the two characters. Oh there was chemistry for miles, but no time for anything beyond that to develop. Unfortunately it is one of my pet peeves in books, insta-love, one of the characters stating that the other is "theirs" or explaining how they can't imagine their life without the other when they've only known each other a day. Call me cynical but I just can't buy into it. I'll be continuing with the series though to find out what becomes of these two and I hope with the next book, with the progression in the story and the timeline of the story, this insta-love business will no longer be an issue.
 
Blurb
 
Flames burn, no matter how they deny it.Nadia wants to be a normal everyday girl. She wants to party, she wants to be free, and she wants to fall in love. But there's one thing standing in her way; her dad is the president of the Midnight Stalkers Motorcycle Club. Nadia's ruthless biker dad won't let anyone touch his daughter.

Hunter Flint is the rugged and rough sergeant at arms of a rival MC, the Sons of Rebellion. Hunter wears his battle scars on his skin, and he's closed himself off to love. He's come to Queenstown on a deadly mission, one that could tear the Midnight Stalkers apart.

When the two meet, it ignites passion between them.  Can these star-crossed lovers ever be together ... Or will their love story crash and burn?

Slayer is the first installment of the Sons of Rebellion serial, following the story of Nadia and Hunter. The series contains strong sexual themes, and is not intended for readers under the age of 18.
 
Buy Links:
Free at the time of posting!
 
Connect with the Author:
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment