Tuesday 5 May 2015

Review: Desolation (Jokers' Wrath MC #4) by Bella Jewel

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
 
This is the fourth and final installment in the Joker's Wrath MC series and this is Pippa and Tyke's story. Dare I say this was my favourite book in this series? I loved them all but I was so looking forward to Pippa's story, I was really intrigued by her background that was revealed in the previous books. And I'd already fallen in love with Tyke....
In this book we see what Pippa went through whilst she was kept as a slave through flashbacks, some of the things she endured were truly horrific, I admired her so much. I normally hate weakness in female leads but Pippa's story was just so tragic, I just wanted to give her a massive hug!
Tyke is facing his share of difficulties after being in an accident which all but crushed his legs leaving him in a wheelchair with little motivation to get better and walk again. However Pippa inspires him to try harder, to heal. Her strength and determination to overcome what happened to her is pretty freaking inspirational.
This book was amazing and the series as a whole is probably my favourite Bella Jewel series, and that's saying something because all her series are amazeballs. I'm so sad that we will be saying goodbye to the Joker's Wrath boys and their old ladies. The only thing I will say that could have improved this book for me would be if there had have been a 'Five Years On' epilogue or something like that. Especially with it being the last book, I would just have loved to see them all really settled further down the line and would be interested to see where their lives have gone. But, then again, I believe there will be couple of spin-offs of sorts with characters that were introduced in this book so a 'Five Years On' epilogue may not have been possible without giving spoilers.
I can't wait for Bella and Max's story, I really wanna know what he did to her!
 
Blurb
 
Pippa

The girl you all know as damaged. Quiet. Broken.
She doesn’t fit in. Nothing in her world feels right. She’s trapped in a spiral of darkness that seem to be consuming her day by day, until she sees nothing but an empty, black hole.
Her world is a dark place she can’t escape.
She has people around her who matter. Who love her. But it’s not enough. Not enough to break her out of the bitter despair she lives in.

UNTIL TYKE.

He knows pain. He knows darkness. He’s sweet. He’s kind. But most of all…
He understands her.
Combining their demons doesn’t seem like the best plan. Everyone is against them. He deserves better. She deserves better. They’ll never work. They’re too broken. Too damaged. It’s a destructive combination that will only end in heartbreak.

He’s a biker. She’s a broken angel.

But in their desolation, they find peace.

WITH EACH OTHER.
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:





No comments:

Post a Comment