Wednesday 13 May 2015

Review: Broken Juliet (Starcrossed #2) by Leisa Rayven

*****4.5 Stars*****
 
 
I have a confession to make. I have very little recollection of the first book. I've read so much since book one that its hard to remember details. I know I loved Bad Romeo, I know I loved Ethan and Cassie and I do recall some of the basics, but other than that I was pretty much reading this book as a stand alone.
Well I can honestly say my poor, old, tired memory didn't make the slightest bit of difference to my enjoyment of this book. One thing I do recall is the change in timelines, so one chapter would be told from the past and then another would be told from the present and once again these two blended perfectly. There was such a contrast between past Ethan and present Ethan. It was clear how much he'd overcome during that time. I especially loved present Ethan. He was playful and so so patient with Cassie that I think even the hardest of hearts wouldn't warm to him in someway.
This book was so cleverly written and like the first one, there were no gimmicks needed, the characters were easier relatable and their personalities leapt from the pages, that I found I couldn't put down this book for a second.
My only concern is that once the book finished, I still wanted to know more about Ethan and Cassie. I'm taking this as a huge positive, because wanting more can only be construed as a good thing. I'm not sure if there will be a third book or even a novella, but I do believe that Elissa (Ethan's sister) will be getting her own book which I'm so looking forward to.
Leisa Rayven is most definitely an author I will now be looking out for in the future.
 
 
Blurb
 
How do you fix a love that’s been broken beyond repair?

For years, Cassie Taylor tried to forget about Ethan Holt. He was the one great love of her life, and when he failed to return her love, a part of her died forever. Or so she thought. Now she and Ethan are sharing a Broadway stage, and he’s determined to win her back. Claiming to be a changed man, he’s finally able to say all the things she needed to hear years ago, but can she believe him? What makes this time different from all his other broken promises?

Ethan knows he can’t change their tumultuous past, but if he’s going to have any chance of being with the woman he loves, he’ll need to convince Cassie that her future belongs with him.

Don’t miss this stunning conclusion to the unforgettable love story that captivated over two million fans online.
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment