Tuesday 5 May 2015

Review: Rough Seas (Blue Water Seduction #1) by Ava Branson

***3 Stars***
 
 
Rough Seas is book 1 in Ava's Blue Water seduction series.
I found this book to be a little too formal for me in the way people act and speak; then it would seem to flip and they'd be cursing, it had me a little confused. It didn't help me that it was written in the third person as I feel that it takes something away from a story, I personally find that I don't connect as well as when it's written in first person.

I did quite like the characters, the workaholic billionaire and the Middle class college student working through her summer for extra cash. The secondary characters for the most part were good too. I found this to be different to the other billionaire books I've read in the respect that I've never read one based mostly on a yacht. I liked that element it was new and different and for me that's always a bonus.

Although I enjoyed the original plot line and I quite liked the characters separately their interactions felt stilted and at times a little forced. Due to that I couldn't connect with them and I struggled to feel their personal connections to one and other.
So although I enjoyed the book I feel that I can only give it 3 stars. for me it was good but not amazing.
 
Blurb
 
Grad student and self-styled “fixer of men” Emmy Ryan finds herself at crossroads. A recent breakup with a man she wanted to “help” more than love has her second-guessing becoming a psychologist. But in the meantime, she has to find work and impulsively applies for a position on a multi-million dollar luxury yacht in the Caribbean. Little does she know, it will put her on a collision course with destiny.

As CEO of Maragos Industries, Stavros Maragos has let work consume him, the grueling pace he maintains leaves little to no downtime, and he prefers it that way. No time to think. No time for the pain of losing both his parents---and now his only brother---to claw its way back into his heart. But when a new business venture begins, he finds himself face-to-face with a woman that ignites a fire in him that blazes so hot, he can’t control it.

Explosive chemistry binds them…but their passion may not be enough.
Mature readers over 18. Explicit sex and language.
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment