Friday 14 April 2017

Review: Turning Back (Turning #2) by J.A. Huss

****4 Stars****



If you haven't read book one in this series then you really need to do so before reading book 2 or you will get totally lost. 
This is Quinn and Rochelle's book although Bric plays a huge part in this too.


It's been a year or so since Rochelle disappeared and left Cella in her bed to replace her. Bric has been looking for her but to no avail and Quinn is miserable without her because he had broken the rules and fell in love with her. Cella takes matters into her own hands and sends a private investigator on the case to which he reports back to Bric almost immediately that he has found her. Rochelle comes back and after everything is out in the open and secrets are revealed, Rochelle, Quinn and Bric enter into a new game although this game has no rules. What Quinn doesn't know is that Bric knew some of her secrets but can they stay hidden and can they make it work?

I really liked this book although I had a few mixed feelings halfway through reading. Some of it I found just a little to predictable but it still had me turning pages to find out more, it did however reveal a few little surprises along the way which is always good to keep a reader appeased. The characters are really well developed in this story but Bric really stole the show for me and we saw a side of him that we didn't see in the first book and it drew me to him like a magnet. Rochelle did what she had to do for her own reasons but a little part of me still feels she was still to selfish in the matter. Quinn I absolutely adored and my heart went out to him. The plot is really well written and some of the scenes between the three of them are ultra hot. I really can't wait to see what book 3 brings because I know it's about Bric and I need to know what his story is so I can love him even more.



Reviewed by Claire Lamb 




I lived in the dark for three years. My whole world revolved around the whims and happiness of three men. It was just a trip into the forbidden. A way out of a bad situation and forward into nothingness.

Quin, with his easy smile and charming good looks. He was always there for me... Until he wasn’t.

Smith, and his dispassionate attention. He was never there for me and he never regretted it.

Bric, the one who listened, but only to himself. Self-absorbed, self-obsessed, and self-serving. He was never the one I wanted.

And now he might be the only one I have left.

It was good while it lasted, I guess. But it could’ve been so much more. It could’ve been so much better.

And that’s why I’m turning back.












No comments:

Post a Comment