Wednesday 22 April 2015

Review: Roxy (Pandemic Sorrow #3) by Stevie J. Cole

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
 
Although this is book #3 in the Pandemic Sorrow series, it can be read as a standalone.
We met Roxy in book #1 but this is her story. Her tragic tale. Grab you tissues and settle in.
Roxy had a rough start to life. Losing someone at such a young age and then having your family fall apart is hard to recover from. You either crumble or you become hardened to life...Roxy became a bitch.
There's a quote in the book that really struck a cord with me...
"This is a raw, gritty, very real fairy take. It may not be perfect, but it is f*cking beautiful."
This quote encompasses this book perfectly for me. It IS real, it IS gritty and you can't help but get swept along with Roxy.
This is essentially Roxy's story and if you've read book #1, which is Jag's story, you may think that it's just going to be a rehash....another "her view" of the same story but it isn't.
Although I enjoyed book #1, this tale really shows a completely different side. It's not a rock star story, it's much more tragic, much more hurtful and has a desperate quality that has you thinking that maybe sometimes walking away and giving up on love might be the only was to save your shredded heart.
It's hard to admit but I enjoyed this more than the first two books in this series. Despite them being good, this, for me, was just entirely different.
Give it a go, you won't regret it!
 
 
Blurb
 
Standalone in the rock star romance series, Pandemic Sorrow.

My life had been no fairy tale. Actually, growing up, it had been something more like a nightmare, which is why I ended up so hard. When you don't want to hurt having the ability to be numb is your best defense mechanism. And for a long time all I was doing was existing.

Jag Steele, the lead singer of the international rock band Pandemic Sorrow, was the epitome of everything I despised: arrogant, entitled, but the thing I hated most about him was that he was an addict. Drugs had been the demon that had ruined everything in my life, and anyone who had a love affair with them pretty much made my stomach turn. It brought up memories I wanted to stay buried. Needless to say, I wasn't exactly a fan of Jag.

Funny thing is, people aren't always who you expect them to be. Never in a million years would I have thought the night I meet Jag would have any significance on the rest of my life, but it did.

I found out that sometimes something that screams utter destruction might actually be your saving grace.

Some people may say our story is too screwed up to be a romance, but for two broken people, we made the pieces fit together perfectly.
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment