Monday 20 April 2015

Review: Fiend (Cravings #2) by Rachael Orman

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
 
Fiend is the followup to Addict where we were first introduced to John and Alix. I'd encourage you to read Addict first. Fiend picks up right where the first book ends.
Alix has just gotten over the shock of discovering that the mysterious dom she has been spending all of her time blindfolded with at Scene, the BDSM club, was the same man she had been lusting over at her job for months. Can they move their dom/sub relationship to a new level now that she knows the truth?
Well, I can tell you that this book is filled with plenty of very hot sexy BDSM scenes that will be sure to steam your panties off. The relationship between Alix and John really grows naturally. I love John's dominant, yet vulnerable, personality and the way he surrenders everything and give's into his urges with Alix. And Alix's uncertainty and low self-esteem, is just crying out for John to care for her and to make sure she knows how beautiful she really is.
But, as usual, things do not always go smoothly. There is a fly in the ointment in the form of Mariah, one of John's ex subs. She is determined to break them up so she can lure John back into her own life. My one complaint is that it was too easy for her to sow doubt into Alix's mind. The entire thing could have been quickly avoided of the two if them had just sat down and talked about what was going on. But lack of communication seems to be a common occurrence in erotic romance novels these days.
The book ends on a high note, but the Mariah problem is not yet fully resolved, and Alix and John are still keeping secrets from each other. I'm sure we will all know more in the next installment due to come out later this year. I am definitely looking forward to it.
 
 
Blurb
 
*Should not be read as a standalone*

Discovering who my dom was turned out to be life-changing. John wasn't just someone I knew, but someone I'd fantasized about. His sharply tailored suits, his delicious muscles, his hands on me. Finding out he'd actually been the one doing such naughty things to me when I'd been blindfolded was almost too much for me to handle, but he refused to let me run. Forced me to see that everything I could ever want was right in front of me.

Letting Alix go was out of the question. She was mine and I would make her see it. If I had to tie her down and spank it into her, I would happily do so. There were too many things I still wanted to do with her to let her escape my clutches, my playroom. Everything seemed to be going fine until a woman from my past entered the picture.

Stories are twisted, lies are told, hearts are broken. Who is telling the truth? Is what they have worth saving?

**For 18+ due to explicit language and sex scenes. Reader beware there is bondage, whips, consensual forced sex anal and even a MM scene**
  
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the author:

No comments:

Post a Comment